Delta Park/Vanport station
|MAX Light Rail station|
A northbound train enters the station.
|Location||1490 North Victory Boulevard|
|Bicycle facilities||Bike lockers|
|Opened||May 1, 2004|
Delta Park/Vanport is a light rail station on the MAX Yellow Line in Portland, Oregon. It is the 9th stop northbound on the Interstate MAX extension and is in the area of Delta Park, formerly the site of the city of Vanport. It is located between Portland International Raceway on the west and Interstate 5 on the east and is at the north end of the Vanport Bridge, which spans the Columbia Slough and an industrial area.
The station platforms are to the sides of the tracks. Beyond them are two park and ride lots to the west and bus bays connected to an I-5 off-ramp to the east. As of 2018, one C-Tran bus route and one TriMet bus route serve this station.
Artwork at the station references the 1948 Vanport Flood, even utilizing bronzed artifacts found on the construction site.
Bus line connections
As of 2018, Delta Park/Vanport MAX station is served by two bus routes:
- TriMet route 6 - Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. (southbound trips only)
- C-Tran route 60 - Delta Park Limited (operating all day, seven days a week)
Bus service history
When the station opened in 2004, there was no regular bus service to it; however, C-Tran did use the bus bays during winter storms instead of providing through service to downtown Portland. In 2007, C-Tran began regularly serving the station for the first time. Three limited-stop "commuter" (rush hours only) routes (41, 44 and 47) served the station starting in May 2007, connecting it with Vancouver and other points in Clark County. Another route was added in September 2007, prompted by TriMet's discontinuation, on September 2 of that year, of the portion of its route 6-ML King Blvd between Jantzen Beach and downtown Vancouver. C-Tran began operating a temporary shuttle between Delta Park/Vanport MAX station and downtown Vancouver, replacing it with permanent service – with a regular, all-day route (4-Fourth Plain) – in November 2007.
TriMet bus service (route 6, southbound trips only) to this station was introduced in September 2017.
- "60 Delta Park Limited [schedule and map]" (PDF). C-Tran. November 13, 2016. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- Hamilton, Don (May 12, 2007). "C-Tran making service changes". The Columbian. p. C1 – via NewsBank. (Registration required (help)).
- "C-Tran Commuter Map – Updated May 13, 2007". C-Tran. Archived from the original on June 6, 2007. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- "C-TRAN to Provide Temporary Shuttle to Jantzen Beach and Delta Park, September 2–29, 2007". C-Tran. August 24, 2007. Archived from the original on January 28, 2018. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- Fernandez, Ryan (November 14, 2007). "C-Tran to begin new service plan on Sunday". The Oregonian. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- Corona, Jose Paul (November 19, 2007). "Opening Day – Public Takes C-Tran's Transit Hub for a Spin". The Columbian. p. C1 – via NewsBank. (Registration required (help)).
- "Approved Service Changes for September 2016" (PDF). C-Tran. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Transitions: September 2017 –September 10 Service Change Updates". C-Tran. Archived from the original on April 13, 2018. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- "TriMet expands popular frequent service bus line, adds service on four other routes" (Press release). TriMet. August 23, 2017. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delta Park/Vanport MAX station.|