|No. 74 – Washington Redskins|
June 22, 1992 |
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||301 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Fort Lauderdale (FL) Stranahan|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 7 / Pick: 250|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Demetrius Rhaney (born June 22, 1992) is an American football center for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the seventh round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Tennessee State, having also played at Ellsworth Community College.
A native of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Rhaney lost his mother, Veronica Dixon to a sudden illness when he was in seventh grade. He attended Academy High School in Coral Springs, Florida, before it was shut down, and later Stranahan High School.
Because his transcript from Academy was lost, he could not meet NCAA requirements to accept a scholarship offer from Alabama A&M University. Instead, he enrolled at Ellsworth CC, and later Tennessee State.
St. Louis / Los Angeles Rams
- "Missing high school transcript nearly derailed shot at college and NFL for offensive lineman Demetrius Rhaney". Yahoo! Sports. March 24, 2014.
- "TSU's Kadeem Edwards to Bucs, Demetrius Rhaney to Rams". Tennessean. May 10, 2014.
- Simmons, Myles (June 20, 2017). "Rams Waive Four Players". TheRams.com.
- Williams, Charean (June 21, 2017). "Jaguars claim offensive lineman Demetrius Rhaney". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Oehser, John (September 1, 2017). "Roster at 75: Notable names among transactions". Jaguars.com.
- Czarda, Stephen (November 21, 2017). "Redskins Place Four On Injured Reserve, Sign Four To Active Roster". Redskins.com.
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|