The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for films. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Pravin Vitthal Tarde |
|Produced by||Mrs. Jayashree Kailas Wani|
Juili Kailas Wani
|Written by||Pravin Vitthal Tarde|
|Screenplay by||Pravin Vitthal Tarde |
|Story by||Sanjay Londhe|
|Music by||Narendra Bhide |
|Box office||₹20 crore (US$2.8 million) (Lifetime) |
Deool Band (IAST:Dē'ūḷa Banda) is a 2015 Drama, Thriller Marathi language film that was directed by Pravin Vitthal Tarde & Pranit Kulkarni. The film was released on 31 July 2015. This movie is directorial debut of Pravin Vitthal Tarde & Pranit Kulkarni. It stars Gashmeer Mahajani and Girija Joshi in lead and Mohan Joshi in the role of Swami Samarth considered to be an incarnation of Lord Dattatreya worldwide. It is a story of a scientist who does not believe in god.
Dr. Raghav Shastri, Indian by origin, is NASA's youngest scientist. He returns to his motherland, only to find out that his country is full of God worshippers. However, Raghav is not one of them. He challenges the existence of God and orders the locality to shut the temple within the premises. But in a twist of fate, God himself descends and questions the atheist. In the end, after a dramatic sequence of events, Raghav finally starts believing in God.
- Gashmeer Mahajani as Dr. Raghav Shastri
- Girija Joshi as Mrs. Shastri
- Mohan Joshi as Swami Samartha
- Mohan Agashe as Dr. Vyas (ISRO Head)
- Nivedita Joshi Saraf as mother of Dr. Raghav Shastri
- Shweta Shinde as RAW agent
- Satish Alekar
- Kiran Yadnyopavit as undercover RAW agent
- Jay dada Agarwal
- Sanket Kotkar
- Pravin Tarde as Auto Driver
- Arpan bhau Sheth
- Akshay Tanksale as Informer
- Sunil Abhyankar as Dr. Ballal
- Sunil Barve as Dr. Satyajeet/ Fruit Seller
- Vibhavari Deshpande as South Indian woman
- Sandeep Pathak as Vallabh (Garage owner)
- Ravindra Mahajani as man taking bonfire on highway
- Mahesh Manjrekar as fakir
- Prasad Oak as watchman (Nawadi)
- Sushant Shelar as car parking attendant
- "Who disrupted the entertainment space of the Marathi Manoos – cinema or television? - Best Media Info, News and Analysis on Indian Advertising, Marketing and Media Industry".
- "'देऊळ बंद'चे बॉक्स ऑफिसवर यश, 8 कोटींची कमाई".
- "Why Marathi film industry is on a roll". mid-day. 3 July 2015.
- "'I am making my Marathi debut at the right time'". Pune Mirror.
- "Mohan Joshi praises Gashmeer". The Times of India.
- "Deool Band is non traditional film: Directors". The Times of India.