From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up department, departement, or dept in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Department may refer to:
- Departmentalization, division of a larger organization into parts with specific responsibility
Government and military
- Department (country subdivision), a geographical and administrative division within a country
- Department (United States Army), corps areas of the U.S. Army prior to World War I
- Fire department, a public or private organization that provides emergency firefighting and rescue services
- Ministry (government department), a specialized division of a government
- Police department, a body empowered by the state to enforce the law
- Department (naval) administrative/functional sub-unit of a ship's company.
- Department (film), a 2012 Bollywood action film about police taking on Mumbai criminals
- The Department (film), a 2015 Nigerian action film, about two lovers undermining dodgy business dealings
- Academic department, a division of a university or school faculty devoted to a particular academic discipline
- Department head, a management position
- Department store, a retail store that includes many specialized departments such as clothing or household items
- Ministry (disambiguation)
- Departments of the United Kingdom Government
- United States federal executive departments
- List of Australian Commonwealth Government entities
- Structure of the Canadian federal government
- Federal administration of Switzerland
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Department.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.