Department of Labor and Employment (Philippines)
|Kagawaran ng Paggawa at Empleyo|
|Formed||December 8, 1933|
|Headquarters||DOLE Building, Muralla corner General Luna Streets, Intramuros, Manila|
|Annual budget||₱11.6 billion (2015)|
The Philippines' Department of Labor and Employment (Filipino: Kagawaran ng Paggawa at Empleyo, commonly abbreviated as DOLE) is the executive department of the Philippine Government mandated to formulate policies, implement programs and services, and serve as the policy-coordinating arm of the Executive Branch in the field of labor and employment. It is tasked with the enforcement of the provisions of the Labor Code.
The Department of Labor & Employment (DOLE) was founded on December 8, 1933 via the Act No. 4121 by the Philippine Legislature. It was renamed as Ministry of Labor and Employment in 1978. The agency was renamed as a Department after the 1986 EDSA Revolution in 1986.
List of the Secretaries of the Department of Labor and Employment
- Bureau of Local Employment (BLE)
- Bureau of Labor and Employment Statistics (BLES)
- Bureau of Labor Relations (BLR)
- Bureau of Working Conditions (BWC)
- Bureau of Workers with Special Concerns (BWSC)
- International Labor Affairs Bureau (ILAB)
- National Reintegration Center for OFWs (NRCO)
- Employees' Compensation Commission (ECC)
- Institute for Labor Studies (ILS)
- National Conciliation and Mediation Board (NCMB)
- National Labor Relations Commission (NLRC)
- National Maritime Polytechnic (NMP)
- National Wages and Productivity Commission (NWPC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Center (OSHC)
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA)
- Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
- Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA)
- "GAA 2015" (PDF). DBM. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Labor Code of the Philippines". Philippine Government. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF THE 1999 ANNUAL AUDIT REPORT ON THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT". Commission on Audit. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Department of Labor and Employment (Philippines).|