Department of Public Libraries
|Website||Department of Public Libraries|
Department of Public Libraries traces its origins to the Public Library in the Dhaka University campus which was established on 22 March 1958 by the government of Pakistan. The Public Library was shifted to its present building in 1977 and opened in 1978. The Government of Bangladesh established a network of public libraries down to every district and the department of Public Libraries was established in 1983 to manage them. In 2010 the department exchanged material on Bangladesh Liberation war with the National Library of India.
- Chepesiuk, Ron. "Libraries in search of a future". archive.thedailystar.net. The Daily Star. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Child-friendly reading corners at 20 libraries nationwide completed". dhakatribune.com. Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Nat'l policy on libraries soon". The Daily Star. 7 June 2009. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Ahmed, Amanat; Farhan, Kazi Ahmed. "Stretching the horizon of knowledge". archive.thedailystar.net. The Daily Star. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Department of Public Libraries". publiclibrary.gov.bd. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Dhaka, Delhi to exchange visits of writers, scholars". The Daily Star. 14 January 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|