|Directed by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Produced by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Written by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Cinematography||A. V. ramakrishnan|
|Edited by||A. Selvanathan|
Praveena Film Circuit
|Distributed by||Praveena Film Circuit|
|14 September 1984|
This story revolves around an unemployed youngster who tries to become rich for his big family. Bhagyaraj is an unemployed gold medallist with five younger sisters, and a mother. He is unable to find a job in spite of his education, and is supported by his sisters, and his house-owner played by Sivaji Ganesan. After many failures, he goes to Chennai in search of job, and meets Radhika. The rest of the film is about how he succeeds in life and what he ends up with. The best part of the screenplay is its ability to portray many of the existing social conditions in the society, including unemployment of educated youth and dowry.
- Bhagyaraj as Subramani
- Sivaji Ganesan as Captain Chidambaram/Nethaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- Poornima Rao
- Priyadarshini (as child artist)
- Bharathiraja as himself (Guest Appearance)
- C. R. Parthiban (as Father of a bridegroom)
- Parthiban as Postman Ponnusami
- Radha (Special Appearance)
|1||"Maamoi Maamoi"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Vairamuthu||03:38|
|2||"Oru Nayagan"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. P. Sailaja||Vaali||05:33|
|3||"Sengamalam Sirikuthu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||Kuruvikkarambai Shanmugam||04:22|
|4||"Vaanam Niram"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||Muthulingham||04:14|
- "Film List Of Director Barathiraja". Lakshman Shruthi. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Bhagyaraj Profile". Jointscene. Archived from the original on 24 December 2011. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Dhavani Kanavugal Songs". raaga. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|