Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Ahmedabad, India, Gujarat, India|
|Mr. Janmejay R. Vyas, Managing Director|
|Products||Bulk Drugs, Chemicals|
Dishman (Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals) is a multinational company specialized in the manufacture of active ingredients for the pharmaceutical industry. Dishman employs over 1,000 people worldwide and delivered annual net sales of around US$200m 2011. Dishman is headquartered in Ahmedabad, India and is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
The Dishman Group was founded in 1983 by Shri Janmejay R. Vyas, Managing Director of the Dishman Group. Since the beginning, the focus of the Dishman Group has been on research and development of various in-house technologies for the manufacture of quaternary ammonium compounds (quats) and active pharmaceutical ingredients. The first facility of the Dishman Group was built in 1987 in Naroda; in 1996 the company initiated its expansion at Bavla where it is currently headquartered. Through several acquisitions, the Dishman Group became a global company with multiple manufacturing facilities in India, Europe and China serving pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies.
The Dishman Group operates in two segments: contract research services(CRAMS) and marketable molecules such as bulk drugs, intermediates, quaternary ammonium compounds (quats), specialty chemicals and phase transfer catalysts. Dishman operates in four business units:
- Dishman Specialty Chemicals, which manufactures phase transfer catalysts, intermediates, fine chemicals, and products for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and related industries.
- Dishman Vitamins and Chemicals, which manufactures vitamin D2, vitamin D3, vitamin D analogs, cholesterol and lanolin related products for pharmaceutical, cosmetic and related markets.
- Dishman Disinfectants, which manufactures antiseptic and disinfectant formulations.
- Dishman Custom Services, which includes Dishman CRAMS and the subsidiary Carbogen Amcis. This business unit focuses on process research and development, API supply to support clinical trials, commercial manufacture of APIs. including cytotoxic and cytostatic drugs.
- Bavla and Naroda (Ahmedabad), India: Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals Ltd. The Naroda and Bavla sites are operational since 1989 and 1996, respectively. These sites manufacture phase transfer catalysts, pharmaceutical intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients and fine chemicals.
- Shanghai, China: Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. The site manufactures intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients, including highly potent drugs.
- Veenendaal, The Netherlands: Dishman Netherlands B.V manufactures of Vitamin D2, Vitamin D3, Vitamin D analogues, cholesterol and lanolin related products. The site was acquired from Solvay in 2007.
- Bubendorf, Switzerland: Carbogen Amcis AG. Founded in 1987 and acquired by Dishman in 2006. The site supports the development and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients, highly potents drugs and complex intermediate for clinical trials and commercial purposes.
- Aarau and Hunzenschwil Switzerland: Carbogen Amcis AG. These sites operate since 1994 and 2000 and were acquired by Dishman in 2006. The Aarau and Hunzenschwill sites support the development and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients and complex intermediate for clinical trials and commercial purposes.
- Riom, France: Carbogen Amcis SAS. Founded in 1998 and acquired by Dishman in 2012. The Riom site is focused on the development and production of sterile parenteral drugs for clinical trials.
- Manchester, UK: Carbogen Amcis Ltd. Operating since 1983 and acquired by Dishman in 2005. The site focuses on non–GMP manufacture of complex intermediate for the pharmaceutical industry.
- "DISHMAN PHARMACEUTICALS & CH (DISH:Natl India): Stock Quote & Company Profile - BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2011-12-23.