Dodge County High School
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Dodge County High School|
|350 Pearl Bates Road
Eastman, Georgia 31023-9802
|School district||Dodge County School District|
|Principal||Dr. Susan Long|
|Teaching staff||53 FTE|
|Student to teacher ratio||18:1|
|Fight song||"Hail to the Indians"|
|Athletics conference||3A AA|
|Rival||Dublin High School|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Feeder schools||Dodge County Middle School|
"We are all about DODGE:
Much of this goal has been accomplished through the variety of courses and options made available to students. Dodge County High School is a SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and GAC (Georgia Accrediting Commission) accredited school, where students can work towards a College Prep, College Prep Plus, Tech Prep, Tech Prep Plus, or Community Achievement Program diploma. Course work within these areas may include such innovative programs as EMAC (Educational Media Academic Courses), which consists of foreign language offerings in Latin, German, and Japanese, and often involves video or phone lessons.
The Georgia Accel Program offers post-secondary options with Middle Georgia College and Georgia Aviation and Technical College. Apprenticeship programs are offered to students pursuing a Tech Prep or Tech Prep Plus diploma. Apprenticeship areas include teacher cadet, child care, heating and air, aircraft-sheet metal, and health occupations, and are offered through dual enrollment with Heart of Georgia Technical College. The Instructional Support Department offers special education students the opportunity to get work site experience in addition to their regular courses of study.
All students are given the option of taking coursework during traditional hours, or they may take advantage of flexible scheduling, which allows them to begin their school day one hour earlier. During this time, students may work in elective areas such as journalism, driver's education, child care, video art, and NOVANET, which is used as a credit recovery program to encourage students to graduate on time, and/or for students to get ahead with certain courses.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2011)|
- Basketball cheerleading
- Basketball (boys' and girls')
- Competition cheerleading
- Cross country (boys' and girls')
- Fast pitch softball
- Golf (boys' and girls')
- Soccer (boys' and girls')
- Tennis (boys' and girls')
- Track & field (boys' and girls')
Dodge County High School has had two former football players make it to the NFL. Benji Roland played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1990 as defensive end. He was also part of the 1988 College Football All-America Team, played for Auburn University, and made it into the 1989 NFL Draft.
Leonard Floyd has had been the latest DCHS former football player to make it to the NFL. Leonard plays for the Chicago Bears (#94). He was chosen in the first round draft pick. Leonard played for the University of Georgia under Coach Mark Richt.
Clubs and activities
- Academic Bowl
- Advanced Placement
- Anchor Club
- Annual Staff
- Art Club
- Beta Club
- Business Law Club
- DCHS Marching Chiefs, Concert Band, Dance Line, Flag Corps
- DCHS Choraliers/Chorus
- Debate Team
- FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America)
- FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)
- FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America)
- FFA (Future Farmers of America)
- French Club
- Garden Club
- GGFC (Girls & Guys For Christ)
- Gifted Education
- Global Achievers
- Improv Troupe
- Interact Club
- Junior Beta Club
- Key Club
- National Forensics League
- One-Act Play
- Science Club
- Spanish Club
- Spirit Club
- Spring Literary
- Student Council and Class Officers
- Tribe Scribe
- TSA (Technology Student Association)
- Wee Injuns
- Y-Club & YFA (Youth for Action)
- YAL (Youth Advocacy Leadership)
- YAP (Youth Apprenticeship Program)
- Leonard Floyd- outside linebacker/defensive end (Chicago Bears) 9th Overall 2016 Draft
- "Free US Geocoder". Archived from the original on 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- "school-stats.com". Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- , Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- Georgia Accel Program
- Database Football.com Archived 2011-06-10 at the Wayback Machine., Retrieved July 9, 2010.
- Georgia High School Football Historians Association, Retrieved July 9, 2010.