|EP by Alexisonfire|
|Released||October 31, 2010|
|Genre||Post-hardcore, hardcore punk, experimental metal|
|Producer||Alexisonfire, Jon Drew|
|Alter the Press!|||
|Bring The Noise UK|||
Dog's Blood is an extended play by the Canadian post-hardcore band Alexisonfire. The EP was released on October 31, 2010. Dog's Blood is a collection of four experimental songs that are different-sounding from the band's previously released material. It was the band's penultimate release before their break up in 2011.
Writing and recording
Work on the Dog's Blood EP was originally announced in September 2009, shortly after the release of Old Crows/Young Cardinals in July 2009. By this point, the band had developed a small group of songs; one was an instrumental piece written during the sessions of Old Crows/Young Cardinals, and the rest were written while Alexisonfire was on tour. The title track "Dog's Blood" began as a single riff, and later evolved into a full song. Alexisonfire vocalist George Pettit wrote lyrics that were loosely in the style of Nick Cave. The title track features guest vocals by Olly Mitchell, the former vocalist of Johnny Truant.
The album was recorded and co-produced by Alexisonfire and Jon Drew. Though much of the EP was written by September 2009, the band's busy touring schedule delayed recording of Dog's Blood until mid-late 2010. All of the tracks on Dog's Blood are songs that the band members felt were too different from their other material to be included on a full-length album.
Prior to the EP's release, Alexisonfire debuted the album's titled track live at the 2010 CASBY Awards in Toronto, Canada on September 30, 2010, and a recording of the track was posted online. Dog's Blood was released through Dine Alone Records on November 23, 2010, though it was distributed internationally on various dates through different labels and also through online music retailers. A vinyl edition of the album was pressed and limited to 2,000 copies in three colors, one color available from the band on tours, one available through the band's webstore, and the third sold in record stores.
The artwork was designed by the American artist "Skinner", who was given only the EP's title and the band's name on which to base his design. The artwork was completed prior to the album's recording. 
All tracks written by Alexisonfire.
|3.||"Black as Jet"||3:52|
- George Pettit – lead vocals
- Dallas Green – rhythm guitar, vocals
- Wade MacNeil – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Chris Steele – bass guitar
- Jordan Hastings – drums, percussion
|October 31, 2010||United Kingdom||Roadrunner Records|
|November 1, 2010||Europe|
|November 2, 2010||Canada||Dine Alone Records|
|United States||Vagrant Records|
|November 5, 2010||Australia||Dine Alone Records|
- Berclaz-Lewis, James. "Alter The Press!: Album Review: Alexisonfire - Dog's Blood". alter the press. Buzz Media. Retrieved May 22, 2010.
- Tsai, Matthew (October 31, 2010). "Review: Dog's Blood". AbsolutePunk.net. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- Miles Hackett (October 29, 2010). "Alexisonfire - Dogs Blood | Album Reviews | Big Cheese Magazine". Big Cheese. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- Morris, Carly (October 31, 2011). "Alexisonfire Dog's Blood E.P.". Bring The Noise UK. Retrieved May 22, 2010.
- Harper, Kate (November 2, 2010). "Review: Dog's Blood". Chart Attack. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- Jason Strange (12 January 2011). "Review: Alexisonfire – Dogs Blood". Music Feeds. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- Adams, Gregory (October 6, 2010). "Alexisonfire Announce New Dog's Blood EP". Exclaim!. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- Harper, Kate (September 24, 2009). "Alexisonfire Releasing New EP In 2010". Chart Attack. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- Bezer, Terry (October 15, 2009). "Alexisonfire Dog's Blood EP Exclusive". Metal Hammer. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- Charlesworth, Jenny (March 2, 2010). "Alexisonfire Ready to Record New Dog's Blood EP". Spinner. AOL Music. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- Paul, Aubin (October 6, 2010). "Alexisonfire to release Dog's Blood EP". Punknews.org. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- Bliss, Karen (July 23, 2010). "Alexisonfire Reveal More Info on Upcoming EP, Dog's Blood". Spinner. AOL Music. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- Faulkner, Cole (October 6, 2010). "Alexisonfire Announce New EP Details". ThePunkSite.com. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- "Alexisonfire set to release new EP". LambGoat. October 6, 2010. Retrieved October 6, 2010.