Doing It My Way
|Studio album by Ray Quinn|
|Released||12 March 2007|
Los Angeles, California
Doing It My Way is the debut studio album by The X Factor series 3 runner up Ray Quinn. The album was recorded at Capitol Records Tower in Los Angeles in January 2007. It was released on 12 March 2007 and entered the UK Albums Chart at number one the following week, making Quinn the first person ever to have a number-one album without releasing a single. It sold 126,985 copies in its first week, enough to be certified Gold.
- "Ain't That a Kick in the Head?" (Sammy Cahn, Jimmy Van Heusen) - 2:31
- "Fly Me to the Moon" (Bart Howard) - 2:27
- "My Way" (Paul Anka, Claude François, Jacques Revaux, Gilles Thibault) - 4:29
- "That's Life" (Kelly Gordon, Dean Kay) - 3:13
- "Mack the Knife" (Marc Blitzstein, Bertolt Brecht, Kurt Weill) - 3:02
- "Smile" (Charlie Chaplin, John Turner, Geoffrey Parsons) - 2:39
- "The Way You Look Tonight" (Jerome Kern, Dorothy Fields) - 4:11
- "Summer Wind" (Hans Bradtke, Henry Mayer, Johnny Mercer) - 2:44
- "What a Wonderful World" (Bob Thiele, George David Weiss) - 2:15
- "Mr. Bojangles" (Jerry Jeff Walker) - 3:25
- "New York, New York" (John Kander, Fred Ebb) - 3:09
Credits and personnel
- Paul Anka - Composer
- David Arch - Orchestration
- John III Baker - Music Preparation
- Dick Beetham - Mastering
- Marc Blitzstein - Composer
- Hans Bradtke - Composer
- Bertolt Brecht - Composer
- Sammy Cahn - Composer
- Paula Chandler - Digital Editing, Engineer
- Fred Ebb - Composer
- Rick Fernandez - Assistant Engineer
- Dorothy Fields - Composer
- Simon Fowler - Photography
- Claude François - Composer
- Kelly Gordon - Composer
- Jimmy Van Heusen - Composer
- Bart Howard - Composer
- John Kander - Composer
- Dean Kay - Composer
- Jerome Kern - Composer
- Henry Mayer - Composer
- Johnny Mercer - Composer
- Bruce Monical - Assistant Engineer
- Joanne Morris - Design
- Geoff Parsons - Composer
- Ray Quinn - Primary Artist
- Eric Rennaker - Assistant Engineer
- Jacques Revaux - Composer
- Robin Sellars - Engineer
- J. Neil Sidwell - Orchestration
- Richard Sidwell - Music Preparation
- Anne Skates - Vocal Arrangement, Vocal Contractor
- Paul "Scooby" Smith - Assistant Engineer
- Gilles Thibault - Composer
- Bob Thiele - Composer
- Aaron Walk - Assistant Engineer
- Jerry Jeff Walker - Composer
- Kurt Weill - Composer
- George David Weiss - Composer
- Nigel Wright - Conductor, Orchestration, Producer
Charts and certifications
- "iTunes - Music - Ray Quinn by Ray Quinn". iTunes Store (Apple Inc.). Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- AllMusic review
- "X Factor loser Ray wins record deal". Irish Examiner. 18 December 2006. Retrieved 14 February 2007.
- "X Factor's Ray heads to Sinatra studios". Digital Spy. 18 December 2006. Archived from the original on 13 January 2007. Retrieved 13 February 2007.
- Jones, Alan (29 July 2013). "Official Charts Analysis: Jahmene Douglas needs just 19k to hit No.1". Music Week. Intent Media. Retrieved 17 December 2015. (Subscription required (. ))
- "GFK Chart-Track Albums: Week 12, 2007". Chart-Track. IRMA.
- "Official Scottish Albums Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Albums Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Album Downloads Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Irish album certifications – Ray Quinn – Doing It My Way". Irish Recorded Music Association.
- "British album certifications – Ray Quinn – Doing It My Way". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Doing It My Way in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Gold in the field By Award. Click Search
|This 2000s jazz album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|