|Born||January 10, 1952|
|Alma mater||Mills College|
|Notable works||The Book of Men (2011), Facts about the Moon (2005), What We Carry (1994)|
Laux taught at the University of Oregon. She is a professor at North Carolina State University’s creative writing program, and the MFA in Writing Program at Pacific University. She is also a contributing editor at The Alaska Quarterly Review.
Her work appeared in American Poetry Review, Five Points, Kenyon Review, Ms., Orion, Ploughshares, Prairie Schooner, Southern Review, TriQuarterly, Zyzzyva. She has also appeared in online journals such as Web Del Sol.
- Pulitzer Prize finalist for Only As the Day is Long: New and Selected Poems
- The Paterson Prize for The Book of Men
- The Roanoke-Chowan Award for The Book of Men
- Pushcart Prize
- Two fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts
- The Best American Poetry 1999
- The Best American Poetry 2006
- The Best American Poetry 2013
- The Best American Poetry 2017
- List of Guggenheim Fellowships awarded in 2001
- Oregon Book Award for Facts about the Moon, selected by Ai
- 2006 Lenore Marshall Poetry Prize shortlisted for Facts about the Moon
- National Book Critics Circle Award finalist for What We Carry
- Awake. introduced by Philip Levine. BOA Editions. 1990. ISBN 978-0-918526-76-2.CS1 maint: others (link) re-issued by Eastern Washington University Press
- What We Carry. BOA Editions. 1994. ISBN 978-1-880238-07-3.
- Smoke. BOA Editions. 2000. ISBN 978-1-880238-86-8.
- Facts about the Moon. W. W. Norton & Company. 2005. ISBN 978-0-393-32962-9.
- Superman: The Chapbook Red Dragonfly Press January 2008
- Dark Charms Red Dragonfly Press 2010
- The Book of Men: Poems. W. W. Norton. 28 February 2011. ISBN 978-0-393-07955-5.
- The Book of Women, Red Dragonfly Press 2012 ISBN 9781937693046
- Ce que nous portons, Translation of What We Carry by Hélène Cardona, Editions du Cygne 2014 ISBN 978-2-84924-377-0
- Only As the Day Is Long: New and Selected Poems, W. W. Norton 2019 ISBN 978-0393652338
- Best of The American Poetry Review
- The Norton Anthology of Modern and Contemporary Poetry
- four citations in Best American Poetry.
- The Poetry Brothel The Poetry Society of New York
- Kim Addonizio; Dorianne Laux (1997). The Poet's Companion: A Guide to the Pleasures of Writing Poetry. W.W. Norton. ISBN 978-0-393-31654-4.
- "Dorianne Laux". Poets.org. The Academy of American Poets. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Core Faculty". Pacific University. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Dorianne Laux". Author Detail. Ploughshares. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Dorianne Laux". Directory of Writers. Poets & Writers. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Dorianne Laux". Web Del Sol. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Dorianne Laux". Writers' Corner. National Endowment for the Arts. Archived from the original on February 2, 2013. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Reviewed by Vincent Motard-Avargues in La Cause Littéraire".
- "Interviewed by Hélène Cardona in Plume".
- "Reviewed by Andrew Jarvis in New York Journal of Books".
- "Facts about the Poet" (PDF). Literary Reference. Winter 2006. Retrieved 8 January 2012.