Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butoden
|Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butoden|
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai Games [a]|
Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butouden (Japanese: ドラゴンボール改 アルティメット武闘伝 Hepburn: Doragon Bōru Kai Arutimetto Butōden, Dragon Ball Revision: Ultimate Fighting Legend) is a fighting video game based on the manga and anime series Dragon Ball for the Nintendo DS. It was released in Japan on February 3, 2011.
This game is a 2D fighting game that plays similarly to the other games in the Butoden series. Its story mode goes from the beginning of the Saiyan Saga to the end of the Majin Buu arc.
News of the game first broke when it was announced that distributor Namco Bandai had applied for patents in Japan for two titles, Ultimate Butouden and Zenkai Battle Royale. This raised the question of whether or not another Dragon Ball was on the horizon. This was put to rest when a full announcement was featured in the following issue of Weekly Shōnen Jump. The announcement stated that it would be exclusively for the DS, and the Japanese release date would be for February 3 of the following year. Featured with the announcement, were several screenshots showing that the game would be a fighting game with 3D graphics and that the story mode would extend to at least the Cell story arc. In the December issue of V Jump featured more screenshots of the gameplay and touch screen menu, showing that players can execute signature attacks by tapping the stylus.
- "Review | "Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden" (Nintendo DS)". Kanzenshuu. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Spencer (November 10, 2010). "Is Namco Bandai Charging Up For Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Butouden?". Retrieved November 20, 2010.
- "DSでドラゴンボール改 アルティメット武闘伝開募!!". Weekly Shonen Jump (in Japanese). Shueisha: 143. November 15, 2010.
- 「ドラゴンボール改 アルティメット武闘伝開募」!!. V Jump (in Japanese). Shueisha: 81. December 2010.
- Released under the Bandai brand name.
- Official website (in Japanese)
|This anime game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|