Drayton Manor High School
|Drayton Manor High School|
Drayton Bridge Road
|Motto||Nec Aspera Terrent|
("Hardships do not deter us")
|Department for Education URN||137221 Tables|
|Head teacher||Sir Pritpal Singh|
|Age||11 to 18|
Drayton Manor High School, formerly Drayton Manor Grammar School, is an academy school located in Hanwell, west London, England. The school was granted academy status in August 2011. Its emblem is a phoenix rising from a crown with the legend 'Nec Aspera Terrent', which means 'hardships do not deter us'.
Drayton Manor High School was founded in 1930 as a county grammar school serving local children. With the reorganisation of schools in the London Borough of Ealing and abolition of the tripartite system, Drayton Manor received its first comprehensive intake in 1975 and changed its name to reflect this change in status.
In more recent years, Drayton Manor has distinguished itself as one of the borough's top performing state schools. It was awarded Beacon status in 2000 and won the School Achievement Award for Excellence three years in a row. In the 2012 Ofsted inspection report, the school was rated outstanding.
On 28 October 2008, Drayton Manor High School successfully contested a ruling in the High Court. Ealing Council had accused the school of discriminating against children living in poorer areas by only admitting those that lived close to the school.
- Kamal Ahmed, BBC News Business Editor (2014-)
- Adebayo Bolaji, stage and screen actor, Ghost the Musical, Skyfall.
- The Brand New Heavies Music Ensemble
- Vernon Coaker, Labour MP for Gedling
- Peter Crouch, footballer
- The Revd Professor Paul Fiddes, DD, theologian
- Sir Michael Fox, Lord Justice of Appeal
- Martin Hancock, actor
- Shaparak "Shappi" Khorsandi, comedian
- Stephen Kinnock, politician 
- Steve McQueen, artist and film director
- Alan Mehdizadeh, West End actor, Billy Elliot the Musical, Kinky Boots
- Charles Palmer OBE, President of the International Judo Federation from 1965–79
- Rick Wakeman, rock musician
- Holly Earl, actress
- Ellie Harrison, artist
- Sir Pritpal Singh (current Head Teacher, 1992–present)
- Christopher Everest (past Head Teacher)
- "Our History". Drayton Manor High School.
- "Excellent Ofsted at Drayton Manor High". Ealing Gazette. 27 June 2012.
- "Drayton Manor wins case". BBC News. 28 October 2008. Retrieved 30 October 2008.
- "Alumni News - KAMAL AHMED". Drayton Manor High School, Hanwell. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- "Drayton Manor High School - Alumni". Drayton Manor High School, Hanwell. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- Obituary – Sir Michael Fox, The Guardian, 26 April 2007
- Alistair Sooke (29 May 2009). "Venice Biennale: Steve McQueen interview". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Ealing's Local Web site". Ealingtoday.co.uk. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Steve McQueen: my hidden shame". The Guardian. 4 January 2014.
- "Drayton Manor Alumni (Holly Earl)". Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Morgan, Steve (8 March 2002). "Hard Act to Swallow" (PDF). Ealing & Acton Gazette. London: Trinity Mirror plc. p. 19. Retrieved 1 May 2014.