Drink to That All Night
|"Drink to That All Night"|
|Single by Jerrod Niemann|
|from the album High Noon|
|Released||October 21, 2013|
|Jerrod Niemann singles chronology|
Cover for remix featuring Pitbull
|Pitbull singles chronology|
"Drink to That All Night" is a song recorded by American country music artist Jerrod Niemann. It was released in October 2013 as the first single from his third studio album. The album, High Noon, was released on March 25, 2014. The song was written by Derek George, Lance Miller, and Brad and Brett Warren.
The song is an up-tempo party song in which the narrator says that he can "drink to that all night". The verses feature Auto-Tuned vocals from Niemann. It is in the key of A minor with a vocal range of G3-E5.
"Drink to That All Night" received mixed reviews from critics. Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song a positive review, writing that "the party anthem begins like a freight train barreling down some Blue Ridge mountaintop before introducing guitars, vocal effects and a final chorus that’s made for fist-pumping." Dukes also wrote that "the separate influences are deftly applied to – by the end – create a great turn-it-up moment of euphoria." Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave the song four stars out of five, calling it "as unique, innovative and risky an artist can get." Bjorke said that the song "has a good natured, feel good vibe to it and quite honestly, it's the kind of song that makes for a fun part of a road trip playlist, a workout playlist, or – of course – a party playlist." Jon Freeman of Country Weekly was less positive, giving the song a "C" and criticizing the "monotone-rapping" of the verses and saying that the song was "surprisingly pedestrian", although he praised Niemann's singing on the chorus and said that the production "tastefully merges touches of electronic music with electric guitars without going off the deep end." Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a "D" stating, "This has a tired theme coupled with the dreaded vocoder effect." 
The music video was directed by Eric Welch and premiered in February 2014.
"Drink to That All Night" debuted at number 59 on the U.S. Billboard Country Airplay chart for the week of October 12, 2013. It also debuted at number 37 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of November 9, 2013. It also debuted at number 90 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of January 18, 2014. It also debuted at number 91 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart for the week of January 25, 2014. "Drink to That All Night" reached number one on the Country Airplay chart dated April 26, 2014, becoming Niemann's second number one country hit (following "Lover, Lover" in August 2010). The song was certified Gold by the RIAA on April 7, 2014. As if June 2014, The song has sold 826,000 copies in the U.S.
Charts and certifications
- Conaway, Alanna (September 30, 2013). "Jerrod Niemann Releases New Single "Drink to That All Night" To Online Stores". Roughstock. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- Sciarretto, Amy (January 23, 2014). "Jerrod Niemann Announces New Album, 'High Noon'". Taste of Country. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- Wyland, Sarah (September 26, 2013). "Jerrod Niemann Releases "Drink to That All Night"". Great American Country. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "'Drink to That All Night' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Dukes, Billy (September 25, 2013). "Jerrod Niemann, 'Drink to That All Night' – ToC Critic's Pick [Listen]". Taste of Country. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- Bjorke, Matt (October 23, 2013). "Single Review: Jerrod Niemann - Drink To That All Night". Roughstock. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- Freeman, Jon (2 December 2013). "Reviews: 'Drink to That All Night'". Country Weekly. 20 (48): 51. ISSN 1074-3235.
- Ragusa, Tammy (February 5, 2014). "Jerrod Niemann Raises the Bar (and the Glass) in New Video". Country Weekly. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- Morris, Edward (October 5, 2013). "Luke Bryan Returns to Album Peak, Aldean Has Top Song for Second Week". Country Music Television. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- Bjorke, Matt (June 19, 2014). "Country Chart News: The Top 30 Digital Singles For June 19, 2014". Roughstock. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14.
- "Jerrod Niemann Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Jerrod Niemann Chart History (Canada Country)". Billboard.
- "Jerrod Niemann Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Jerrod Niemann Chart History (Country Airplay)". Billboard.
- "Jerrod Niemann Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2014: Country Airplay". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2014. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "Best of 2014: Hot Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2014. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "American single certifications – Jerrod Niemann – Drink to That All Night". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved August 10, 2014. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.