Drunvalo Melchizedek (born: Bernard Perona, also formerly known as AKBAR and Hummingbird) is an esoteric researcher. He has authored four books and founded several schools of New Age teaching, such as the School of Remembering. He was formerly associated with the Seed Of Life Institute.
History and personal life
Melchizedek was born Alameda, California as Bernard Donald Perona to Charles Perona and Minnie Ashton. He changed his name legally in 1991, although claims that the persona of Melchizedek arrived in 1972.January 18, 1941 in
Melchizedek has attended the University of California Berkeley, acquiring a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. In addition, he has claimed to have studied physics and mathematics, even though there is no evidence of that and he holds any credentials in any of those fields. He is however a lifelong researcher, he lived among shamans and indigenous peoples[who?]. Drunvalo deeply researched ancient history and culture.
He also spent a great deal of his life visiting and studying the pyramids, he explored them from inside, even climbed in extremely tight chambers, and researched the energy effects. The pyramids spread all over the planet Earth are an unexplained phenomenon to Melchizedek. Researchers[who?] have tried to make sense of why cultures on different continents who could not have been in contact at that time have separately built pyramids of very similar structure. Some of the people, like the Mayas at some point seem to have disappeared, and until today there is no clear explanation where the population may have gone and why it went extinct.
Among many researchers[who?] Drunvalo Melchizedek compared pyramid structures and their similarities, especially in comparison with similar cultural behaviors. Energy effects, although only partially proven, are part of the research Drunvalo among many others[who?], dedicated his life work. Along with quantum physicist and historians there are undeniable tracks of impact of geometry on the chemical and physical structure of everything.
For example, the platonic solids are formations that are at the foundation of all existing physical and microscopic structures of everything in existence. The work around the "sacred geometry" including one of the most known mainstream symbols the flower of life, became Drunvalo's life work.
Drunvalo's outstanding life work is a huge contribution to science and humanity, and as we evolve and more information surfaces, and modern technology enables us to do nano-research and look into insanely small structures, many discoveries were already correctly explained in theory in Drunvalo's "Flower of Life" books. It was only a matter of time, until his own research would have been technologically approved.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
Melchizedek's claims are broad and varied, but some aspects of it are more prominent. Common elements involve Hindu meditation, Christianity and other Abrahamic religions and offshoots, particularly Kabbalah.
Sacred Geometry, or Flower of Life
Sacred Geometry is the belief that fundamental properties of the universe can be quantified into simple shapes and patterns. According to Melchizedek, the ability to see these patterns has been hidden, until the time for modern technology to aid further human evolution and consciousness exploration.
Merkaba or Mer-Ka-Ba, variably said to be an Egyptian term or a Zulu term (but resembles the Hebrew word for "chariot" which is associated with Merkabah mysticism), is a supposed invisible, metaphysical energy field that surrounds the human body, consisting of tetrahedrons that rotate around the body. A slowly rotating merkaba is considered negative. Modern-day humans, it is said, have had their merkabas slowed to a stop, and with the "right" meditation, their merkaba can be restored, allowing ascension to a higher state of being, which Melchizedek claims to have already achieved.
Merkaba energy is believed to be detectable with man-made technology, such as by military satellites, and is claimed[by whom?] to have been used in various secret government programs. While this may still be arguable and a matter of speculation until publicly confirmed, meditating yogis of all ages are proof that high concentration and focused sillful meditation impacts life energy and the so-called Merkaba energy light body within us. It is nothing new for those[who?] who know the stories of ancient yogi masters.
Boxing Pythagoras, a critical metaphysics blog, dismisses Drunvalo's notions of "sacred geometry", pointing out that there is nothing geometrical about it, disregarding that it is a spiritual concept not mathematical. However, everything in the Universe and our existence is based on mathematics and almost everything can be explained by mathematics, even consciousness experiments follow mathematical precision and formulas, if you will
Drunvalo Melchizedek's "sacred geometry" is not geometry. There is a great deal more to geometry than just drawing some pretty shapes and patterns. Things like the Flower of Life are absolutely aesthetically pleasing, but they are next to useless in terms of mathematics. Nor will it appear in any modern geometry textbook, because– despite how pretty it looks– the Flower of Life is mathematically boring. There are far more useful constructions to be made with a straightedge and compass.
Boxing Pythagoras also calls out Melchizedek's use of math: "For a book which is purported to be focused primarily on geometry, I found surprisingly little mathematical information." What mathematical and geometrical concepts are discussed, Boxing Pythagoras points out errors in Melchizedek's definition of transcendental number, sine wave, and golden spiral, and calls out the use of various geometrical tautologies as meaningful and a number of unsubstantiated number theories. However, while even conservative physicist argue with quantum science physicist about old formulas and about what cannot be right until 100% proven, there is a huge amount of experimental evidence proving, that we live in a world that works under very precise laws and mind experiments have extensively been performed and every time show that mind /or consciousness/ seems to influence the outcome of experiments. Deliberate results created by strong conscious focus of a test person have been observed and proven in countless experiments starting from the early 1920s. So we have almost 100 years of consciousness experiments, that confirm that "something" more than meets the eye or the scientist or our test devices must be in play. And this forces, again, follow very precise mathematical alignment that can be predicted.
Dan Winter's website, now owned by competing spiritualist Stan Tenen due to a legal settlement, hosts a collection of correspondence detailing a dispute between Melchizedek, Tenen, and Winter about plagiarizing each other's works. Tenen suggested Winter had plagiarized him, and Melchizedek asserted that a drawing in Winter's book was in fact his own. Tenen, however, asserts that both Melchizedek and Winter were working together and both continuing to plagiarize Tenen. Animosity between Tenen and the two remain.
When Mr. Winter says he was "very careful not to show any alphabet letter forms," [referring to the plagiarized work] he is lying by leaving the misimpression that he did not show my sculpture(s). Mr. Winter did show my copyright sculpture(s). The alphabet, and/or letters, are not the issue, and Mr. Winter later admitted this overly clever self-serving misdirection in his second "confession".
Like other New Age and other spiritual mystics in the early 2010s, Melchizedek has been criticized for his adoption and promotion of the 2012 phenomenon. According to Melchizedek, the Earth's kundalini was scheduled to shift for the first time in 13,000 years, which would have occurred in 2012. Competing spiritualist Jeremy Puma likewise criticizes Melchizedek's 2012 predictions.
New Age follower-turned-critic Christopher Zzenn Loren attacks Melchizedek for his use of what Loren calls "hypnotic suggestion" and "confusing language" to influence the viewer. "He makes excuses for incorrect information and blames it on being human." In his personal interactions with Melchizedek while being a follower, Zzenn Loren believes Melchizedek made claims about his abilities, but then carefully avoided demonstrating them for him:
He told me he was teaching people to materialize thoughts into matter right in the palm of their hands. I decided to say "interesting, I would love to see this. Can you show me?" As I stood there looking at his hands he backed out of demonstrating it by talking more ABOUT how its done. I figured if you can really do this then why not in the canned goods section of Safeway since God is everywhere.
Buffalo Calf Woman, follower of another spiritualist, David Running Eagle, attacks Melchizedek as "fraudulent", and disregards him as an adherent to the Order Of Melchizedek due to his commercialism and profit:
Drunvalo is not Melchizedek. If he were, money would not play such a part of his life, even including his email down below asking for money to talk to the people. Really so unbecoming. Melchizedek are available for the people. He is only available if you give him money. He is money monger.
Similarly, the Manataka American Indian Council asserts that Melchizedek, in his associations with Adam DeArmon and his Institute for Cultural Awareness, commits cultural appropriation of Native American spirituality, with no authentic tie to such cultures, and exploits them for profit under the auspices of fundraising:
[An] associate of DeArmon... Melchizedek says on his website that "Every penny you gave to the ICA, either for tickets or donations, went to the elders in the form of airline tickets, bussing, shelter, food etc,...." ... Even though many invited speakers drove to the event, let's pretend that 100 airline tickets were purchased at an extremely high cost.... That leaves over a million dollars to feed and house the speakers. Eye-witnesses say that invited elders were begging participants to buy them blankets because they were cold from staying in make-shift [sic] quarters and many complained to participants that they were hungry.
References in popular culture
The Tool song "Forty Six & 2" refers to Melchizedek's claim that once all humanity has restored their merkaba, the human race will evolve into a higher stage, in which the human race will acquire two additional chromosomes.
Merkabah Gallery in Manguinhos, Brazil, is named from Melchizedek's claims.
- The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life. 1. Light Technology Publishing. 1999-04-01. ISBN 1891824171.
- The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life. 2. Light Technology Publishing. 2000-05-01. ISBN 189182421X.
- Living in the Heart: How to Enter into the Sacred Space within the Heart. Light Technology Publishing. 2003-11-01. ISBN 1891824430.
- Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012. Weiser Books. 2008-01-01. ISBN 9781578634019.
- The Mayan Ouroboros: The Cosmic Cycles Come Full Circle. Weiser Books. 2012-11-21. ISBN 9781578635337.
- Journeys into the Heart. BalboaPress. 2017-02-22. ISBN 9781504374989. With Daniel Mitel.
As presenter or narrator
- Story of England, 1993 (DVD)
- Through The Eyes of a Child - Awakening the Way of a Child Within Us, 2008 (DVD)
- Mayan Mysteries, 2008 (DVD)
- 2012 - The Prophecies from the Heart, 2010 (DVD)
- The Birth of a New Humanity, 2011 (Series)
- Earth/Sky/Heart Workshop, 2015 (Video)
- Flower of Life, 2016 (Series)
- Earth Sky / Living in the Heart (DVD, Japanese)
- "Drunvalo Melchizedek". EsoGuru. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Drunvalo Melchizedek [Wikipedia]". Drunvalo.org. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Page, Ken; Hemingway, Simon (1996). The Traveler & the End of Time: The Secret Life of Ken Page (PDF). ISBN 0964970317. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "The Winter-Melchizedek Connection". 2002-12-02. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Drunvalo Melchizedek - Biography". Coast to Coast AM. Archived from the original on 2009-09-11. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- "School of Remembering". Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Drunvalo Melchizedek". Ascension Now. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Legal Notices". Taos News. 1991-03-28. p. A8. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Bernard Donald Perona". California Birth Index. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Charles Perona". My Heritage. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Who is Drunvalo Melchizedek?". Drunvalo.org. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Drunvalo Melchizedek". The Dr. Pat Show. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "The Winter-Melchizedek Connection". Explanatory notes about Melchizedek. Retrieved 2019-06-30.
- "Drunvalo & Claudette Melchizedek Married 1994". My Trees. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Sacred Geometry is Neither". Boxing Pythagoras. 2014-04-11. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Wein, Jeff. "The Flower of Life". Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Mer-Ka-Ba: A Vehicle of Ascension". Spirit of Maat. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Melchizedek, Drunvalo. "Flower of Life and Merkaba – Drunvalo Melchizedek". Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Achanta, Ramya (2018-11-20). "The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation". Style Craze. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Lieb, Michael (1998). Children of Ezekiel: Aliens, UFOs, the Crisis of Race, and the Advent of End Time. Duke University Press. p. 71. ISBN 0822322684. Retrieved 2019-01-26 – via Google Books.
- "Drunvalo Melchizedek is Bad at Math". Boxing Pythagoras. 2014-05-20. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Corrective Notice Website: Daniel E. Winter". 1998-09-11. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Grant, John (2015-02-24). Debunk It! How to Stay Sane in a World of Misinformation. p. 271. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Puma, Jeremy (2012-12-21). "Backpedaling the Mayan Apocalypse". This Way. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Loren, Christopher (2017-01-29). "Drunvulo Revealed: An Introduction". UnSpirituality. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Calf Woman, Buffalo (2009-07-16). "Drunvalo, Fraudulent Melchizedek". Elders Migration Voice. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Takatoka. "Selling American Indian Spirituality is Big Business!". Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Cross, Alan. "Tool" Archived October 21, 2006, at the Wayback Machine. The Ongoing History of New Music. Corus Radio. September 30, 2001. "At our current level, according to this dude, our chromosomal composition can be expressed as "44 & 2" That's a disharmonic state of consciousness, we need to add those two new chromosomes, hence '46&2.'"
- McCarthy, Sean (2011-08-29). "Evolution Calling: Tool - "Useful Idiot" and "Forty Six & Two"". Pop Matters. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Hope, Clover (2014-10-31). "Willow Smith Is Becoming a Great Musical Weirdo". Jezebel. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Kameir, Rawiya (2014-10-09). "What Does Willow Smith Know That We Don't?". Fader. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Schreffler, Laura (2016-07-08). "What's On My Desk: Nightlife Impresario Brent Bolthouse". Haute Living. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- Taveira, Vitor (2018-11-20). "Novo espaço para artes será inaugurado em Manguinhos [New space for arts will open in Manguinhos]". Século Diário. Retrieved 2019-01-26.