15 May 1991 |
Nowra, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||100 kg (15 st 10 lb)|
Dylan Farrell (born 15 May 1991) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer who played for the St George Illawarra Dragons and South Sydney Rabbitohs of the National Rugby League. Farrell primarily played centre and wing.
Born in Nowra, New South Wales, Farrell is of Indigenous Australian descent. Farrell played his junior rugby league for the Culburra Dolphins before going on to be signed by the South Sydney Rabbitohs. Farrell has a tattoo of his home town of Culburra on his torso.
In round 22 of the 2010 NRL season, Farrell made his NRL debut for the South Sydney Rabbitohs against the Wests Tigers at centre, scoring a hat-trick in a golden point thriller. Farrell scored the winning try right on full-time, the Rabbitohs winning 34-30 at ANZ Stadium. Farrell scored 5 tries from 5 appearances in his debut season. On 31 August, Farrell was named at centre in the 2010 NYC team of the year.
Farrell played in all of the Rabbitohs 27 matches and scored 8 tries in the 2012 NRL season.
In May, Farrell agreed to a three-year contract with the St George Illawarra Dragons starting from 2014. Farrell played in 15 matches and scored 6 tries in his last year with the Rabbitohs. Farrell also spent some time playing in The NSW Cup for Souths feeder side The North Sydney Bears making 9 appearances and scoring 4 tries. 
In February, Farrell was selected for the Dragons inaugural Nines squad. In round 1, he made his club debut for the Dragons against the Wests Tigers, playing at centre in the 44-24 win at WIN Stadium. In round 6, against the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park, Farrell scored his first club try for the Dragons in the last minute 24-28 loss. During the match Farrell suffered a pectoral muscle injury and later received the same injury in a New South Wales Cup match for the Illawarra Cutters, ending his season. Farrell scored one try from 6 games in his first year with the Dragons.
Farrell finished the 2015 NRL season with him playing in 13 matches for the Dragons, playing on the wing and in the centres.
Farrell announced he would retire from rugby league due to a complex and ongoing back injury sustained near the end of the 2015 season. 
- Dylan Farrell rugbyleagueproject.org
- "Culburra Kid". Daily Telegraph (Sydney). 13 August 2010. p. 45.
- "Souths lose two more for season".
- "Toyota Cup Team of the Year - Fox Sports".
- "Rabbitoh's flyer extends contract". 18 March 2011.
- Carayannis, Michael (2 May 2013). "Dragons lure Farrell from Rabbitohs" – via The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "NRL - The official site of the National Rugby League - NRL.com".
- "Widdop ignites Saints’ faltering attack".
- "Storm snatch miracle post-siren win".
- "Dylan Farrell ruled out for the season".
- "Dylan Farrell announces retirement".