|Headquarters||Manchester, New Hampshire|
|Jeremy Hitchcock (CEO)|
|Products||Internet intelligence, data traffic management, domain registration, dynamic dns, geodns|
Dyn DNS Company (pronounced "dine") is an Internet performance company, offering products to monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure, and also domain registration services and email products.
Dyn was created as an open source, community-led student project by Jeremy Hitchcock, Tom Daly, Tim Wilde and Chris Reinhardt during their undergraduate studies at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Originally, Dyn enabled students to access lab computers and print documents remotely. The project then moved towards domain name system (DNS) services. The first iteration was a free dynamic DNS service known as DynDNS. The project required $25,000 to stay open, and raised over $40,000.
The donation based model continued until a premium service called the DynECT Platform became available in 2008.
In October 2012, Dyn completed a Series A round of venture capital funding totaling US$ 38 million from North Bridge Venture Partners. Prior to the investment from North Bridge, the company had been self funded.
In August 2013, Dyn launched its annual Geek Summer Camp event, a conference for the Internet Performance industry.
In September 2014, Dyn launched Dyn Internet Intelligence, a SaaS-based product.
- Dyn acquired three companies during 2010: EveryDNS, EditDNS, and SendLabs.
- In September 2012, Dyn acquired the SEO/SEM & Ecommerce Development parts of Incutio LTD. They also acquired long time DNS provider TZO.
- On January 2, 2013, Dyn acquired Web performance monitoring company Verelo.
- On May 13, 2013, Dyn acquired mobile dashboard app startup Trendslide.
- On December 23, 2013, Dyn acquired ReadyStatus, a tool that notifies customers of planned and unplanned service interruptions.
- On March 26, 2014 Dyn acquired Nettica, a US-based managed DNS provider.
- On May 20, 2014, Dyn acquired Renesys, specialist in monitoring the Internet to provide data about cloud services, connectivity and potential performance issues.
- In December 2007, Dyn was rated the number one small business to work for in NH by Business New Hampshire magazine.
- In May 2011, Dyn was selected as one of 50 Winning Workplaces by Inc. (magazine) and Winning Workplaces, an award for the top small businesses in the U.S.
- In September 2013, Business New Hampshire Magazine named Dyn as the fastest growing private company in New Hampshire.
- In November 2013, Dyn was listed as #210 on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 List.
- "Worcester Polytechnic Institute School of Business". Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- Keohane, Dennis. "King of the North – Dyn’s Jeremy Hitchcock is building the pillar company of New England". The Boston Globe.
- Marsan, Carolyn. "Migrating to cloud computing? Don't forget DNS". NetworkWorld.
- Munford, Monty. "Brighton tech scene moves beyond local startups". The Telegraph. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- Bort, Julie. "Dyn Is Turning New Hampshire Into A Startup Wonderland". Business Insider. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Why Jeremy Hitchcock Waited 11 Years To Raise $38 Million". Retrieved 2015-10-05.
- Alspach, Kyle (Oct 2, 2012). "Dyn raises $38M in VC, gets Jason Calacanis on its board". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Should You Host A User Conference?". Forbes.
- Hutchinson, Lee. "Dyn discontinues free DynDNS service to clean up its DDNS network". ars technica.
- Hitchcock, Jeremy. "Why We Decided To Stop Offering Free Accounts". Dyn.com.
- Rayburn, Dan. "Dyn Launches Internet Intelligence Tool With Unique Perspective On iOS 8 Internet Impact". Streaming Media.
- "EveryDNS". CrunchBase.
- "EditDNS". CrunchBase.
- "SendLabs". CrunchBase.
- "United States : Dyn Acquires SEO/SEM & Ecommerce Development Arm of Incutio LTD". High Beam Research.
- "TZO". CrunchBase.
- "Verelo". CrunchBase.
- "Trendslide". CrunchBase.
- Keohane, Dennis. "Dyn Acquires ReadyStatus - Makes Its Innovative Internet Performance Solution Even Better". VentureFizz. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Nettica". CrunchBase.
- Lardinois, Frederic (21 May 2014). "Dyn Acquires Internet Intelligence Service Renesys". Techcrunch. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "businessnhmagazine.com". businessnhmagazine.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Dynamic Network Services selected as Best Small Company to Work for in New Hampshire" (Press release). Dynamic Network Services, Inc. 2007-12-05. Retrieved 2007-12-05.
- Markowitz, Eric. "Dynamic Network Services". Inc.
- Leech, Barbara. "Fast Five". BusinessNH Magazine.
- "Technology Fast 500 EMEA 2013 Winners and results". Deloitte.