East and Central Africa Cricket Conference
The East African Cricket Conference was probably at its strongest in the 1970s when the EACC organised the East African Cricket Team with members from Kenya, Tanzania,[full citation needed] and Uganda. The team was invited to, and participated in the 1975 Cricket World Cup. The team continued to be an associate member of the ICC until being replaced by the East and Central African cricket team in 1989.
The East and Central African cricket team continued to have ICC associate membership until 2003, when each of the member nations joined the ICC separately as independent members of the African Cricket Association.
- History of Kenyan cricket Archived July 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Encyclopedia of World Cricket by Roy Morgan, SportsBooks Publishing, 2007
- Nigeria and Tanzania to seek ICC Associate membership
- A history of Kenyan cricket Archived July 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Sameer Cup at Cricket Archive