|Born||Vera Lucille Koch
March 9, 1911
|Died||September 8, 2015
|Occupation||Real Estate Entrepreneur|
Ebby Halliday (born Vera Lucille Koch; March 9, 1911 – September 8, 2015) was an American realtor and businesswoman who founded Ebby Halliday Realtors. She was one of the first successful female entrepreneurs in Dallas.
Halliday was born in Leslie, Arkansas, and graduated from high school in Abilene, Kansas, in 1929. She got a $10-a-week job selling women's hats at The Jones Store in Kansas City. In less than a year, she was the top salesperson. In 1938, she was asked to take over the millinery department at Dallas' W.A. Green Store. Soon she had her own Dallas boutique, Ebby's Hats. She founded her real estate company in 1945.
Halliday married former FBI agent Maurice Acers in 1965. Maurice Acers died in 1993. She celebrated her 100th birthday on March 9, 2011. She died at the age of 104 on September 8, 2015 in her sleep, with her friends and family by her side.
- "Ebby Halliday, Dallas Real Estate's Most Beloved Icon, Has Died at 104", nbcdfw.com, September 9, 2015.
- "With grace and grit, real estate titan Ebby Halliday Acers paved the way for women" by Cheryl Hall and Joe Simnacher. The Dallas Morning News, September 9, 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- Nixon, Caroline. You Never Know Until You Ask, p. 6.
- Ebby Halliday, Dallas Real Estate's Most Beloved Icon, Has Died at 104. NBCDFW.com, September 9, 2015.
- Ebby Halliday: The Woman Who (Still) Sells Dallas. D Magazine, July 2007. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Realty Briefs: National Home Week Points Up Strength Via Ownership" by Jim Stephenson. The Dallas Morning News, September 12, 1965; retrieved 2014-02-03.
- Cheryl Hall. Approaching 100, Ebby Halliday says go easy on the candles, The Dallas Morning News, January 15, 2011; retrieved 2014-02-03.
- Ebby Turns 104 Today, Encourages Donations by Sarah Bennett. Park Cities People, March 9, 2015; retrieved September 9, 2015.
- Ebby Halliday, Dallas Real Estate's Most Beloved Icon, Has Died at 104, nbcdfw.com; accessed September 9, 2015.