Electronica (trade fair)
electronica is a trade fair for the electronics industry. The exhibitors who participate in it present electronic components, systems, applications and services.
About the fair
Organized by Messe München, electronica has been held at the Messe München trade-fair center every other year in November (alternating with productronica) since 1964. In 2018, electronica took place from September 26-28.
With 3,100 exhibitors from 50 countries and 80,000 visitors from over 80 countries (figures from 2018), electronica is one of the largest trade fairs in Munich and a leading international trade fair for the electronics industry. The share of trade visitors at electronica is 99 percent. The next electronica takes place in Munich from November 10 – 13, 2020.
The trade fair addresses international manufacturers and service providers, specialized in the development, quality control, repair and maintenance of electronic assemblies, equipment and machines. Accordingly, the fair’s visitors are electronic and software developers, designers of electronic circuits and products as well as executives and employees in sales, procurement and research & development.
electronica’s interdisciplinary exhibition themes are reflected in the fair’s breakdown of exhibits according to halls:
- Embedded systems
- Micro/nano systems
- Sensor technology
- Test and measurement
- Electronic design
- Passive components
- Electromechanics and system periphery
- Power supplies
- PCBs, other circuit carriers and EMS
- System components
- Information gathering and services
electronica embedded and electronica automotive
electronica places special emphasis on automotive and vehicle electronics and on the sectors for embedded hardware and software with two special exhibition sectors, i.e. “electronica automotive” and “electronica embedded”. Besides the exhibition areas at the fair itself, electronica also features the “automotive Forum”, the “electronica automotive conference” and the “embedded Forum” as additional event platforms for visitors and exhibitors in these sectors. For the first time ever, the 2012 fair will also feature the new “embedded platforms conference”. The conference addresses embedded-systems engineers who can gather information about selecting the right platform for their needs.
Additional conferences and forums
The trade fair electronica is accompanied by an extensive program of related events. Besides the above-mentioned forums and conferences for automotive and vehicle electronics and embedded hardware and software they mainly include the following events:
- “Wireless Congress”: The congress addresses developers, system designers, technology decision-makers, project managers and government agencies in the sector for wireless systems. It is organized by electronica in conjunction with Weka Fachmedien GmbH and ZVEI.
- “electronica Forum”: During the four days of the trade fair lectures and discussion panels on current topics of the industry are taking place at the electronica forum. The themes range from new technologies and market developments to overall topics like education and training.
- “PCB & Components Market Place”: The PCB & Components Market Place is a forum for lectures and discussions about semiconductors, other circuit carriers and EMS.
- “CEO Round Table”: The panel discussion with international managing directors and CEOs examines the latest topics of interest to the industry. It is organized by Messe München GmbH.
The trade fair is also rounded out by several other panel discussions, lectures and conferences.
electronica around the world
Besides electronica in Munich, Messe München International also organizes other international trade fairs for the electronics industry abroad such as electronicAsia in Hong Kong, electronica China and productronica China in Shanghai, and electronica India and productronica India (alternating between Bangalore and New Delhi).
electronica 2016 will be held in Munich, Germany from the 8 to 11 of November 2016.
electronica India 2017
electronica India 2017 will be held in New Delhi,at Pragati Maidan India from the September 14 to 16, 2017
electronica India 2018
electronica India 2018 will be held in Bengaluru, at BIEC India from the September 26 to 28, 2018.
- "Fairgrounds map, hall diagram - electronica". electronica.de.
- "Program - electronica". www.electronica.de.
- "Embedded Platforms Conference - electronica". electronica.de.
- "Wireless Congress: Systems & Applications Home". www.wireless-congress.com.
- "Error". electronica.de.
- "electronica - Welcome to electronica". electronica.de.