Elena Cotta Ramusino
19 August 1931
Elena Cotta (born 19 August 1931) is an Italian stage, film and television actress.
Life and career
Born in Milan, at a young age Cotta won a scholarship to attend the Accademia Nazionale di Arte Drammatica Silvio D'Amico; after just one year she quit the Academy to enter the stage company "La compagnia dei giovani". In 1975, she founded her own company together with her husband, Carlo Alighiero.
Cotta made her film debut in 1951, in Miracolo a Viggiù. In 2000, she was nominated as Best Supporting Actress at AFI award and FCCA Award for her performance in Kate Woods' Looking for Alibrandi. In 2013, at 82 years old, she won the Volpi Cup for Best Actress for her performance in A Street in Palermo, in which she played an Albanian illegal immigrant.
- Your Hands on My Body (1970)
- Looking for Alibrandi (2000)
- A Street in Palermo (2013)
- Loro (2018)
- The Man Without Gravity (2019)
- Arianna Finos (8 September 2013). "A 82 anni battere Judi Dench è una soddisfazione". La Repubblica. Archived from the original on 11 December 2013. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Elena Cotta sfida Emma Dante al volante di un'automobile". L' Arena. 23 August 2013. Retrieved 8 September 2013.[permanent dead link]
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|