Eleonore Dailly is an American filmmaker. She was born in Paris and raised in New York City. Her producing credits include Dirt! The Movie, a feature-length film which premiered at Sundance Film Festival in 2009 and Swelter.
Dailly received an MFA from the USC School of Cinematic Arts Peter Stark Producer Program in 2007. She began her career in development at DreamWorks and with Academy Award producer Bruce Cohen. Dailly produced and co-directed the feature film DIRT!, featuring Jamie Lee Curtis, which was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival before premiering on PBS's Independent Lens. She then developed and produced Swelter, a moody action film starring Alfred Molina, Catalina Sandino Moreno, Lennie James, Grant Bowler and Jean-Claude Van Damme, which was released in August 2014 and has been nominated for the 19th Satellite Awards.
Dailly is a member of Producer's Guild of America, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Women in Film. She co-chairs the Alliance of Women Directors (AWD), a non-profit company promoting parity for female directors that partners with Women In Film and the Sundance Initiative for Women Directors. Other members of the AWD include Debra Granik, Michelle McLarren, Leslie Linka Glatter, Ava DuVernay and Jen McGowan. Dailly now runs the production outfit Film Invaders which focuses on television and feature film development. She also coordinates publicity for FX's Emmy-nominated television series Justified.
Dailly received her law degree from Columbia University School of Law in 1998, with a focus on intellectual property and finance law. While at Columbia, she worked with Jane Carol Ginsburg, as her research assistant on issues of intellectual property law. Dailly then practiced international civil litigation in New York City for Sullivan & Cromwell and Morrison & Foerster and human rights law in Argentina, Kenya and Uganda.
In 2007, Eleonore Dailly was awarded the Debra Hill Fellowship for promising, young female filmmakers for her work on feature film development.
- "DIRT!". dirtthemovie.org.
- "Alliance of Women Directors". allianceofweomendirectors.com.
- "Film Invaders". filminvaders.com.
- Ginsburg, Jane C. (November 30, 1998). "group of consultants on the private international law aspects of the protection of works and objects of related rights transmitted through global digital networks". World Intellectual Property Organization (GCPIC/2).[permanent dead link]
- "Symposium on Electronic Rights in International Perspective: Appendix". Colum.-VLA J.L. & Arts (22–177). 1997–1998.
- "Adultolescence | Eleonore Dailly". adultolescence.net. 2015. Retrieved 20 March 2015.