|Single by Grandaddy|
|from the album Just Like the Fambly Cat|
|Grandaddy singles chronology|
"Elevate Myself" is a song by American indie rock band Grandaddy. It was written by Jason Lytle. The single was released in May 2006, and the song appeared on Grandaddy's album Just Like the Fambly Cat. It received positive critical reviews.
"Elevate Myself" was written by vocalist Jason Lytle. In an interview with The Sun, Lytle said: "This song is a homage to why I began doing all this. I discovered making songs and recording them gave me a sort of high. And to this day, despite all of the pressures, I still love it."
The single for "Elevate Myself" was released in May 2006, with the b-side "Winners". The song was also included on Grandaddy's final studio album, Just Like the Fambly Cat, which was released during the same month.
"Elevate Myself" received positive reviews from music critics. Daniel Levin-Becker of CMJ New Music Monthly called it a "pleasant surprise", and RTÉ's Anne-Louise Foley wrote that it was "just damn catchy". The Boston Globe's Christopher Muther named it the "essential track" of the album, noting that "[Lytle's] voice is as beautifully detached as ever."
The song's music video is an animation. It shows Lytle as he writes songs and plays his guitar, before growing wings and flying up into the sky.
- "Elevate Myself". allmusic.com. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
- "It's the Grandaddy Finale". thesun.co.uk, May 12, 2006. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
- Strong, Martin Charles. The Essential Rock Discography (Canongate U.S., 2006), p. 449.
- Sendra, Tim. "Just Like the Fambly Cat - Grandaddy". allmusic.com. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
- Levin-Becker, Daniel. "Grandaddy, Just Like The Fambly Cat, V2". CMJ New Music Monthly, 2005.
- Foley, Anne-Louise. "Grandaddy - Just Like the Fambly Cat". rte.ie, May 29, 2006. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
- Muther, Christopher. "GRANDADDY ; JUST LIKE THE FAMBLY CAT V2". Boston Globe, May 12, 2006, p. D17.
- "Elevate Myself - Grandaddy". billboard.com. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
- Music video on billboard.com