Harris for Germany in 2014
|No. 20 – Brose Bamberg|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
July 6, 1989 |
Speyer, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
|Nationality||German / American|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||239 lb (108 kg)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Undrafted|
|2005–2009||BIS Baskets Speyer|
|2013||Los Angeles Lakers|
|2013||→ Los Angeles D-Fenders|
|Career highlights and awards|
Elias Harris (born July 6, 1989) is a German-American professional basketball player who currently plays for Brose Baskets of the Basketball Bundesliga. He played college basketball at Gonzaga University and plays for the German national basketball team.
Harris was one of the top junior players in Germany when he graduated from Friedrich-Magnus-Schwerd-Gymnasium in Speyer, Germany. As a German junior, he spent four years playing for BIS Speyer in the German Pro B third division for four years, averaging 20.9 ppg and 9.2 rpg in 2008–09. He also competed with the German national junior basketball team at the 2005 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship; 2006 and 2007 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship; and 2008 and 2009 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship.
Harris committed to NCAA Division I squad Gonzaga University prior to the 2009–10 season. He immediately saw action with the Bulldogs despite being a freshman; in his second game of the season, against powerhouse #2-ranked Michigan State University, he scored a team-high 17 points and grabbed a team-high 9 rebounds in a narrow 75–71 loss.
After going undrafted in the 2013 NBA draft, Harris joined the Los Angeles Lakers for the 2013 NBA Summer League. He finished the summer league with averages of 10.2 points and 5.6 rebounds. On August 14, 2013, he signed a multi-year deal with the Lakers. During his rookie season, he had multiple assignments with the Los Angeles D-Fenders. On November 29, 2013, he was waived by the Lakers.
On December 13, 2013, he signed a two-year deal with Brose Baskets of Germany and in April 2015 had his contract extended through the 2016-17 season. In March 2017, Harris signed a new deal with the Bamberg side, which would keep him with the club until 2020.
Harris made his debut with the senior German national team at the FIBA EuroBasket 2009. Although he was the second-youngest player on the team, he averaged 12 minutes per game while seeing action in all six games for the German squad.
- Elias Harris Biography – GoZags.com
- "Elias Harris". ESPN.com. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Summers' big shots help Spartans take, hold lead against Gonzaga". ESPN.com. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- 2013 Summer League Statistics
- "Lakers Sign Elias Harris". Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "NBA Development League: 2013-14 NBA Assignments". NBA.com. Archived from the original on 3 July 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Lakers waive forward Elias Harris". Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Elias Harris firma con il Bamberg". Sportando. 13 December 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Brose Baskets verlängern mit Theis und Harris" (in German). 2016-07-18. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Artikel - Brose Bamberg". www.brosebamberg.de (in German). Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- "Suns' 2014 Summer League Roster Announced". Phoenix Suns. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Elias Harris - EuroBasket (2009) - FIBA Europe". Retrieved 18 January 2016.