Elmer A. Lampe
Lampe pictured in The Hinakaga 1936, Carroll yearbook
December 11, 1900|
|Died||January 30, 1978
Broward County, Florida
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|c. 1950||Dartmouth (ends/head scout)|
|Head coaching record|
Elmer Andrew Lampe (December 11, 1900 – January 30, 1978) was a basketball coach and American football player and coach. Lampe was the head basketball coach at the University of Georgia from 1938 to 1946 and at Dartmouth College from 1946 to 1950, tallying a career college basketball mark of 123–136. He served as the head football coach at Carleton College from 1932 to 1933 and at Carroll College—now Carroll University—in Waukesha, Wisconsin from 1934 to 1937.
Lampe coached basketball at Carroll College from 1934 to 1938. He became head basketball coach at the University of Georgia in 1938, serving until 1946 and compiling a 79–81 record (.494). He coached Dartmouth College's basketball team from 1946 to 1950, tallying a 44–55 mark (.444).
Lampe began coaching college football in 1931, serving as ends coach for Glenn Thistlethwaite at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. In 1932 and 1933, he was head football coach at Carleton College. Lampe became the 18th head football coach for the Carroll College in 1934, serving until 1937. His career football coaching record at Carroll was 17–7–4.
Head coaching record
|Georgia Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (1938–1946)|
|Dartmouth Indians (Independent) (1946–1950)|
- Elmer A. Lampe, "How to Play Defensive End." Athletic Journal, v. 9, p. 51 (1928).
- Elmer A. Lampe, "Statistics as an Aid to Football Strategy," Scholastic Coach, 21:14, April 1952.
- Tokoi, O.; Suominen, J.; Askeli, H. (1949). Who's who Among Finnish-Americans: A Biographical Directory of Persons of Finnish Descent who Have Made Noteworthy Contributions to the Pattern of American Life. Raivaaja Publishing Company. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- "How Dartmouth Changed My Life | Peter Golenbock Books". golenbockbooks.com. Archived from the original on February 19, 2012. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- "Lampe Sees Good Season at Carroll". Milwaukee Journal. September 15, 1934. Retrieved September 27, 2012.[dead link]