Emil Jones III
|Emil Jones III|
|Member of the Illinois Senate
from the 14th district
January 14, 2009
|Preceded by||Emil Jones, Jr.|
|Born||May 16, 1978|
Emil Jones III was born citation needed] the son of Emil Jones Jr. and Patricia Jones. Jones III graduated from Chicago Christian High School in Palos Heights, Illinois then attended Chicago State University and Robert Morris College. but did not graduate.[
In 2007, he became an Administrator at the [[Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. In the 2008 elections, his father, Illinois Senate president Emil Jones, Jr., vacated the 14th Legislative District Illinois Senate seat in August, after the February 5 primary had already passed; son Jones III was appointed as Democratic candidate and, in the November 2008 general election, was elected handily by the heavily-Democratic district.
- "About Emil Jones III". Friends of Emil Jones III. Retrieved 2009-01-09.[permanent dead link] Site variously referred to Jones as "Emil Jones, III"; "Emil Jones III"; and "Mr. Emil Jones Jr. III"
- Zimmer, Nathaniel (2008-12-26). "Jones III set to succeed father, mum on Blago scandal". SouthtownStar. Tinley Park, Illinois: Sun-Times News Group. Archived from the original on December 29, 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
Jones effectively inherited the seat when his father announced in August that he wouldn't run for re-election and local Democratic committeemen dutifully chose the younger Jones to replace him on the ballot.
- Marin, Carol. "Nepotitis. No cure. State politics smitten with incurable plague". Chicago Sun-Times blog. Sun-Times News Group. Archived from the original on 2008-09-08. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Biography, bills and committees at the 98th Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois State Senator Emil Jones III legislative website
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Friends of Emil Jones III campaign committee filings (including donors) at the Illinois State Board of Elections
- Citizens for Emil Jones campaign committee filings (including donors) at the Illinois State Board of Elections — father's campaign fund; Jones III was treasurer until 2014