|Member of the Illinois Senate|
from the 42nd district
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Edward Petka|
|Born||March 16, 1959|
|Spouse(s)||Mike Holmes (divorced)|
|Alma mater||National Louis University|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Linda Holmes (born March 16, 1959) is a Democratic member of the Illinois Senate, representing the 42nd District since 2007. The 42nd district includes all or parts of Aurora, Boulder Hill, Montgomery, Naperville, North Aurora and Oswego.
Early life and career
A lifelong resident of Illinois, Holmes graduated from National Louis University with a bachelor's degree and worked as a research analyst at Conway-Milliken. She later became a project manager at Data Research before leaving to run a business with her husband at the time, Creative Carpentry Remodelers Inc.
Illinois State Senator
Senator Holmes was first sworn into office in 2007. In the Illinois Senate, Senator Holmes serves as the Chairperson of the State Government & Veterans Affairs Committee. Her other committee assignments are Agriculture and Conservation, Gaming, Labor and Local Government.
- "PA 97-0006 Legislative District 41" (PDF). Springfield, Illinois: Illinois House of Representatives. May 18, 2011. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- "About Linda Holmes". Citizens for Linda Holmes. Archived from the original on 2012-11-28. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- "Senator Linda Holmes's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- "Senator Biography". Illinois General Assembly. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Linda Holmes for State Senator
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Profile at Illinois State Senate Democrats
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|