Emmanuel Kwabena Kyeremateng Agyarko
Emmanuel Kwabena Kyeremateng Agyarko (10 December 1957 – 21 November 2018) was a Ghanaian politician from the New Patriotic Party (NPP). He served as the Member of Parliament for the Ayawaso West Wuogon Constituency in Accra from 2012 until his death in 2018. The cause of his death, at the Yale–New Haven Hospital, was reportedly acid reflux and a malignant gallbladder infection.
He was a pharmacist by training and attended the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, where he received an undergraduate degree in pharmacy. His mother was from Krobo Odumase in the Eastern Region of Ghana and his father from Jamasi in the Ashanti Region. He was married and had seven children. He comes from a political family; his brother, Boakye Agyarko served as the Energy Minister in the first NPP administration of Nana Akuffo Addo and who also served as the Chief Executive Officer of the Food and Drugs Board.; his sister, Dufie Dedo Agyarko-Kusi, is Ghana's current ambassador to South Korea and a former Parliamentary candidate for Lower Manya Krobo on the ticket of the NPP.
Agyarko was also the Chairperson of the Environment, Science and Technology Committee of Parliament and once served on the Government's Assurance and Health Committees.
- "Ghana MPs - MP Details - Agyarko, Emmanuel Kyeremanteng (Deceased)". www.ghanamps.com. Archived from the original on 2018-03-25. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- Online, Peace FM. "NPP MP Kyeremanteng Agyarko Dead". Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- Yeboah, Isaac. "Ghana news : MP Kyeremateng Agyarko dead". Graphic Online. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-07-20. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "'My brother wouldn't've wished to be kept on life support' - Boakye Agyarko". www.ghanaweb.com. Archived from the original on 2018-11-23. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
|Parliament of Ghana|
Akosua Frema Osei-Opare
| Member of Parliament for Ayawaso West
2012 – 2018
|This article about a Ghanaian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|