February 12, 1981 |
Concord, California, United States
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13.2 st)|
|Fighting out of||Concord, California, United States|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Eric Lawson (born February 12, 1981) is an American mixed martial artist, who is perhaps best known for his fight stint with now-defunct promotion Strikeforce. A professional mixed martial arts since 2004, Lawson holds a record of 9–5.
Mixed martial arts career
Lawson made his professional mixed martial arts debut on February 12, 2004, when he defeated Brandon Gallo via rear-naked choke submission at Gladiator Challenge 22. Following this, Lawson would compile a record of 3–1 before making his first appearance for now-defunct promotion Strikeforce.
In his first appearance in the promotion, Lawson faced Josh Neal at Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives on November 16, 2007. He won the fight via rear-naked choke submission. After compiling a 1–1 record outside Strikeforce, Lawson signed a new contract with the promotion, and faced Jesse Gillespie at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson on June 27, 2008. He won the fight via rear-naked choke.
Lawson faced Wayne Phillips at Strikeforce Challengers: Kaufman vs. Hashi on February 26, 2010. He lost the fight via armbar submission. He then faced Ron Keslar at Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg on January 29, 2011. He lost the fight via armbar, and was subsequently released from the promotion.
After being released from Strikeforce in late 2011, Lawson faced Mauricio Alonso at Dragon House 8 on November 18, 2011. He lost the fight via triangle choke.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|14 matches||9 wins||5 losses|
|Loss||9–5||Mauricio Alonso||Submission (triangle choke)||DH: Dragon's House 8||November 18, 2011||2||1:38||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Loss||9–4||Ron Keslar||Submission (armbar)||Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg||January 29, 2011||1||1:57||San Jose, California, United States|
|Loss||9–3||Wayne Philips||Submission (armbar)||Strikeforce Challengers: Kaufman vs. Hashi||February 26, 2010||1||4:47||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||9–2||Waylon Kennell||TKO (punches)||Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz||April 11, 2009||1||4:54||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||8–2||Tony Johnson||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Strikeforce: Destruction||November 21, 2008||1||1:28||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||7–2||Kenneth Seegrist||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Strikeforce: At The Mansion II||September 20, 2008||1||3:07||Beverly Hills, California, United States|
|Win||6–2||Jesse Gillespie||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson||June 27, 2008||1||1:03||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||5–2||Marcus Gaines||Decision (unanimous)||GC 75: Erin-Go-BRAWL||March 15, 2008||3||5:00||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Loss||4–2||Raul Castillo||TKO (punches)||GC 7: Seasons Beatings||December 8, 2007||2||2:23||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Win||4–1||Josh Neal||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives||November 16, 2007||2||0:20||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||3–1||Chris Werner||KO (punches)||GC 66: Battle Ground||July 27, 2007||1||N/A||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Loss||2–1||Nik Theotikos||Submission (triangle choke)||GC 61: Chaos at Kezar||March 31, 2007||2||2:46||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Win||2–0||Attila Bordor||Decision||GC 36: Proving Grounds||April 9, 2005||2||5:00||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Win||1–0||Brandon Gallo||Submission (rear-naked choke)||GC 22: Gladiator Challenge 22||February 12, 2004||2||1:00||San Francisco, California, United States|
- "GC 22: Gladiator Challenge Card and Results". sherdog.com. February 12, 2004.
- "Strikeforce Results: Santiago Tourney Champ". mmaweekly.com. November 16, 2007.
- "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson Weigh-In Results". mmafrenzy.com. June 27, 2008.
- "Strikeforce Results: Don't Call It An Upset". cagepotato.com. June 27, 2008.
- "Strikeforce at the Playboy Mansion II Results, Updates and LIVE Fight Coverage". bloodyelbow.com. September 20, 2008.
- "Strikeforce: Eric Lawson vs. Tony Johnson". tapology.com. November 21, 2008.
- "Kennell replaces Montoya, Banks vs. Royster off at April 11 Strikeforce event". mmajunkie.com. March 27, 2009.
- "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz Official Results". mixedmartialarts.com. April 11, 2009.
- "Eric Lawson vs. Wayne Phillips Added To Strikeforce Challenhers VI Card". 411mania.com. February 21, 2010. Archived from the original on 2014-08-26.
- "Strikeforce: Eric Lawson looking to steal the show with a big win over Ron Keslar on Jan. 29th in San Jose". mmamania.com. January 18, 2011.
- "Dragon House 8 Card and Results". sherdog.com. November 18, 2011.