|Born||28 June 1922|
|Occupation||radio dramatist, voice-actor|
Erik Bauersfeld (born June 28, 1922 in Brooklyn, New York City) is an American radio dramatist and voice-actor. His most notable role was providing the voices of Admiral Ackbar and Bib Fortuna in the third film of the original Star Wars trilogy, Return of the Jedi.
For thirty-one years he was the Director of KPFA's drama and literature department. Outside of radio he has dabbled in voice-over work in films and video games.
Bauersfeld was working at Lucasfilm on a radio project with sound designer Randy Thom, when he was approached by Star Wars sound designer Ben Burtt. Burtt asked him to read for the part of Ackbar. According to Bauersfeld, he was shown a picture of Ackbar and instantly came up with the character's voice. Ackbar's lines only took an hour for Bauersfeld to record. He was also the last person to read for the part of Yoda, a role that eventually went to puppeteer Frank Oz.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) as the voice of Admiral Ackbar and Bib Fortuna.
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) as the voice of Gardener
- Star Wars: X-Wing (1993) as Admiral Ackbar
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (2009) as Admiral Ackbar
- Peter Hartlaub, Chronicle Pop Culture Critic, Erik Bauersfeld a force in 'Star Wars' cosmos. SFGate, Tuesday, September 20, 2011 p. 1.