|Born||28 June 1922|
|Occupation||radio dramatist, voice-actor|
Erik Bauersfeld (born June 28, 1922 in Brooklyn, New York City) is an American radio dramatist and voice actor. His most notable role was providing the voices of Admiral Ackbar and Bib Fortuna in the third film of the original Star Wars trilogy, Return of the Jedi. He reprises his role as the voice of Admiral Ackbar in Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 2015.
Bauersfeld was working at Lucasfilm on a radio project with sound designer Randy Thom, when he was approached by Star Wars sound designer Ben Burtt. Burtt asked him to read for the part of Ackbar. According to Bauersfeld, he was shown a picture of Ackbar and instantly came up with the character's voice. Ackbar's lines only took an hour for Bauersfeld to record. He then spent an additional 30 minutes reading for the voice of Bib Fortuna, who was Jabba the Hutt's majordomo. Both of his vocal parts were added to the finished production of Return of the Jedi, but Bauersfeld received no screen credit at the time.
- Return of the Jedi (1983) as the voice of Admiral Ackbar and Bib Fortuna.
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) as the voice of Gardener
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) as the voice of Admiral Ackbar
- Star Wars: X-Wing (1993) as Admiral Ackbar
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (2009) as Admiral Ackbar
- Hartlaub, Peter (2015-07-14). "Let this 93-year-old voice Admiral Ackbar in the new “Star Wars”". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- Hartlaub, Peter (2011-09-20). "Admiral Ackbar speaks: Erik Bauersfeld a force in 'Star Wars' cosmos". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2015-12-22.