Ethiopian Catholic Eparchy of Adigrat
|Eparchy of Adigrat
Cathedral of the Holy Saviour, Adigrat
|Ecclesiastical province||Addis Ababa|
|Area||80,000 km2 (31,000 sq mi)|
|(as of 2010)
|Denomination||Ethiopian Catholic Church|
|Established||25 March 1937 (80 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of the Holy Saviour|
On 25 March 1937, Pope Pius XI established the Prefecture Apostolic of Tigray from the Vicariate Apostolic of Abyssinia. Pope John XXIII elevated it as the Eparchy of Adigrat on 20 February 1961.
The ADCS (Adigrat Diocese Catholic Secretary) is responsible for the disbursement of grants to scholarship holders of the diocese within the scope of the OVC project (OVC = "Orphans and Vulnerable Children"), funded by the Student Initiative Rahel of the Institute for World Church and Mission (IWM) (German: Institut für Weltkirche und Mission) which is a part of the Sankt Georgen Graduate School of Philosophy and Theology in Frankfurt-Sachsenhausen, Germany and passed by the Pontifical Mission Societies (German: missio). The OVC-project has already supported ten young people with micro-scholarships for obtaining a university entrance qualification and at least one bachelor's degree in their own country. The Rahel project helps to support disadvantaged young people in the Tigray region as part of the development cooperation through micro-scholarships and accompanies them during their studies or their training. 
- Bartolomeo Bechis, C.M. † (1937 - 1939 Resigned)
- Salvatore Pane, C.M. † (10 Jun 1939 - 1951 Died)
- Hailé Mariam Cahsai † (20 Feb 1961 - 24 Nov 1970 Died)
- Sebhat-Leab Worku, S.D.B. † (12 Jun 1971 - 12 Oct 1984 Resigned)
- Kidane-Mariam Teklehaimanot † (12 Oct 1984 - 16 Nov 2001 Resigned)
- Tesfasellassie Medhin (16 Nov 2001 - present)
- "Eparchy of Adigrat (Ethiopian)". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Ethiopic Diocese of Adigrat". GCatholic.org. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Judith Breunig; Madeleine Helbig; Claudia Berg; Stefanie Matulla; Magdalena Strauch; Marita Wagner; Benedikt Winkler (June 2015). "Rahel - Ein Bildungsprojekt für Adigrat - Festschrift der Studierendeninitiative – Ein Blick durch die Zeit: 2010–2015 (=Rahel - An education project for Adigrat - Festschrift of the initiative by students - A view through the years: 2010-2015)" (in German). Rahel-Bildungsprojekt (=Student Initiative Rahel) (SIR) / Institut für Weltkirche und Mission (=Institute for World Church and Mission) (IWM).
- "Rahel – Ein Bildungsprojekt für Adigrat (=Rahel - An educational project for Adigrat), official website" (in German). Rahel-Bildungsprojekt (=Student Initiative Rahel) (SIR) / Institut für Weltkirche und Mission (=Institute for World Church and Christian mission) (IWM). Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Ethiopian Catholic Eparchy of Adigrat official website
|This article about an Eastern Catholic diocese is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ethiopia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|