This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Brand of Dassault Systèmes, S.A.|
|Industry||Search based applications |
|Products||EXALEAD CloudView, EXALEAD OneCall, EXALEAD OnePart|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||United States, UK, Italy, Germany, and Benelux|
EXALEAD // is a software company, created in 2000, that provided search platforms and search-based applications (SBA)  for consumer and business users. The company is headquartered in Paris, France, and is a subsidiary of Dassault Systèmes (French pronunciation: [daˈso]).
The company's CloudView product is search and information access software used for both online and enterprise search-based applications as well as enterprise search. CloudView combines Web-scale semantic technologies, rapid drag-and-drop application development and hybrid quantitative/qualitative analytics to deliver a consumer-style information experience to mission-critical business processes. In the case of structured data, the SBA index replaces a traditional relational database structure as the primary vehicle for information access and reporting.
The CloudView product is also the platform for Exalead's public Web search engine, which was designed to apply semantic processing and faceted navigation to Web data volumes and usage. Exalead also operates an online laboratory which uses the Web as a medium for developing applied technologies for business.
Exalead was founded in 2000 by François Bourdoncle and Patrice Bertin (both of whom were involved in the development of the Alta Vista search engine), and began commercializing its products in 2005. Exalead employed approximately 150 people.[when?]
On 8 June 2010, Dassault Systèmes acquired Exalead for 135 million Euros. Since then, many startups have sprung from Exalead such as Dataiku founded by Florian Douetteau, former vice president and then CEO of Dataiku, a French analytics software editor.
- "Butler Group Webinar on Search Based Applications". Archived from the original on 2011-01-12. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- IDC Executive Brief "The Information Advantage: Information Access in Tomorrow's Enterprise," October 2009, downloadable from the Exalead.com website
- "Company Overview of Exalead, SA". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 2019-04-16.
- "Dassault Systèmes Acquires Exalead: New Possibilities with Search Based Applications for Enterprise and People" (Business Wire, 2010-06-08)
- Wall Street Journal, "French Seek to Beat Google on Video Search," May 28, 2010
- The Independent, "French tech upstart challenges Google," December 18, 2009
- "Dassault Systèmes Acquires Exalead". www.3ds.com. Retrieved 2019-04-16.
- Liam Boogar (10 October 2013). "French Startup Dataiku Grabs $3.6M To Continue Developing Big Data Software". Rude Baguette.