The Fairly OddParents (season 9)
|The Fairly OddParents (season 9)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Original release||March 23, 2013– March 28, 2015|
The ninth season of The Fairly OddParents premiered on March 23, 2013 with the episode "Fairly OddPet". Nickelodeon renewed this season on March 14, 2012 during its upfront. A sequel to the live action movie A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner! called A Fairly Odd Christmas premiered on November 29, 2012, as part of the season.
This season will feature episodes 114–141, and Timmy Turner gets a fairy puppy named Sparky. Recording for the ninth season began in June 2012 and ended in March 2013. This is the longest season so far. It will be the second season to air after a year-long hiatus, after the 2006 cancellation. It is also the first season produced fully for high definition and widescreen presentation.
||Written by||Original air date
|114||1||"Fairly OddPet"||Gary Conrad and Tuck Tucker||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan||March 23, 2013||3.90|
|Timmy adopts a mischievous and magical fairy dog named Sparky. However, owning a fairy dog proves to be a much bigger challenge than Timmy could have ever predicted.|
|115a||2a||"Dinklescouts"||Gary Conrad||Kevin Arrieta and Sindy Spackman||April 14, 2013||2.06|
|Timmy doesn't want his dad to be scout leader anymore.|
|115b||2b||"I Dream of Cosmo"||Randy Myers and Michelle Bryan||Kevin Arrieta and Sindy Spackman||April 14, 2013||2.06|
|Cosmo loses his memory and mistakenly thinks his job is to grant wishes for Timmy's father.|
|116a||3a||"Turner & Pooch"||Tuck Tucker||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan||May 4, 2013||3.10|
|Mr. Crocker tries to find the new source of magic in the Turner house.|
|116b||3b||"Dumbbell Curve"||Randy Myers and Michelle Bryan||Kevin Arrieta, Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, Sindy Spackman, and Kevin Sullivan||May 11, 2013||3.05|
|Crocker grades on a bell curve so Timmy wishes everyone was dumber than him. A meteor threatens Earth and Timmy is the only one smart enough to stop it.|
|117a||4a||"The Terrible Twosome"||Gary Conrad||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan||June 1, 2013||3.19|
|Poof goes through the terrible twos, however, Foop goes through the terrific twos so Timmy and his fairies have to survive Poof's terrible twos.|
|117b||4b||"App Trap"||Tuck Tucker and Butch Hartman||Alec Schwimmer (story)
Kevin Arrieta and Sindy Spackman
|June 8, 2013||2.73|
|Timmy gets a smartphone with top-of-the-line features, but the phone becomes intrusive in his life.|
|118a||5a||"Force of Nature"||Michelle Bryan and Randy Myers||Kevin Arrieta and Sindy Spackman||June 15, 2013||3.03|
|Timmy helps clean up a park and angers the animals when he wishes they would keep things tidy on their own.|
|118b||5b||"Viral Vidiots"||Gary Conrad||Ellen Byron and Lissa Kapstrom||June 22, 2013||3.22|
|Crocker kidnaps Timmy's mom because he thinks she's a troll who possesses magic.|
|119||6||"Scary GodCouple"||Michelle Bryan, Butch Hartman, Randy Myers, and Tuck Tucker||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan||October 19, 2013||3.00|
|Foop becomes Vicky's anti-fairy godparent. Vicky and Foop terrorize Timmy and the kids of Dimmsdale. Foop tells Vicky that the reason Timmy has thwarted her all these years is because he has fairy godparents. If they can destroy the fairies, no one will be able to stop them.|
|120a||7a||"Finding Emo"||Michelle Bryan and Randy Myers||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan||February 1, 2014||N/A|
|Timmy falls in love with a girl named Missy and wishes to become emo to impress her. However, he stops caring about everything and his fairies become at risk.|
|120b||7b||"Dust Busters"||Michelle Byran, Kevin Petrilak, and Tuck Tucker||Jonathan Butler, Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan||February 1, 2014||N/A|
|Timmy's house gets filled with fairy "dust" from wishing, so Timmy and his fairies try to clean it up. Meanwhile, Mr. and Mrs. Turner are taken to a fake spa by a disguised Jorgen.|
|121a||8a||"The Bored Identity"||Michelle Bryan, Kevin Petrilak, and Tuck Tucker||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan||March 14, 2014||1.80|
|Dad is upset because everyone thinks he's boring. Timmy wishes that his dad's life would be as exciting as Jason Bored's, an international secret agent.|
|121b||8b||"Country Clubbed"||Michelle Bryan||Kevin Arrieta, Alec Schwimmer, and Sindy Spackman||March 14, 2014||1.80|
|After being kicked out of the Buxaplenty's "Fancy Shmancy Country Club", Timmy wishes to be a celebrity in order to get back inside. Meanwhile, Wanda and Sparky's brains are switched.|
|122a||9a||"Dog Gone"||Gary Conrad||Kevin Arrieta, Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, Sindy Spackman, and Kevin Sullivan||March 21, 2014||1.80|
|Timmy's dad refuses to sell Sparky to his boss who makes his life miserable at work. So Timmy and Sparky make up a plan in order to solve the issue.|
|122b||9b||"Turner Back Time"||Michelle Bryan, Kevin Petrilak, and Tuck Tucker||Ellen Byron and Lissa Kapstrom||March 21, 2014||1.80|
|When Timmy discovers that his ancestor could have been rich if he made the right decision, Timmy wishes that his ancestor did make the right decision. While the Turner family basks in their riches, the whole town is a dump and Timmy's fairies get taken away (except for Sparky) because he's no longer miserable.|
|123a||10a||"Cosmonopoly"||Michelle Bryan||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, Kevin Sullivan, and Becky Wangberg||March 28, 2014||N/A|
|Timmy, his dad and the fairies get trapped in a board game created by Cosmo and must find a way to get out before Timmy's mom throws the game in a woodchipper.|
|123b||10b||"Hero Hound"||Gary Conrad||Kevin Arrieta||March 28, 2014||N/A|
|Timmy wishes Sparky would get a chance to be heroic, while Dad thinks he can talk to animals.|
|124a||11a||"A Boy and His Dog-Boy"||Michelle Bryan||Sindy Spackman||April 4, 2014||N/A|
|Sparky wishes he was a human, and Timmy becomes a dog. Timmy tries to convince Sparky to change back to canine form.|
|125b||11b||"Crock Blocked"||Michelle Bryan, Kevin Petrilak, and Tuck Tucker||Sindy Spackman||April 4, 2014||N/A|
|Timmy wishes Mr. Crocker would disappear, but he becomes invisible. Due to this, Dad thinks the house is haunted.|
|126||12||"School of Crock"||Ken Bruce and Michelle Bryan||Butch Hartman, Ray De Laurentis, William Schifrin, Alec Schwimmer & Kevin Sullivan||May 26, 2014||2.45|
|Crocker disguises himself as a Spellementary school teacher to steal magic from the kids and Poof begins to learn how to speak.|
|127||13||"The Past and the Furious"||Michelle Bryan and Gary Conrad||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, Alec Schwimmer, and Kevin Sullivan||July 11, 2014||N/A|
|Timmy alters the past and must fix it or else he'll never see Cosmo and Wanda again.|
|128a||14a||"Let Sleeper Dogs Lie"||Michelle Bryan||Sindy Spackman||July 14, 2014||1.86|
|Crocker learns that Sparky was once his dog when he was a child, and can regain control of him using a secret trigger word.|
|129b||14b||"Cat-Astrophe"||Gary Conrad||Alec Schwimmer||July 14, 2014||1.86|
|Catman mistakenly thinks Sparky is his old nemesis, Dogman, and tries to get rid of him.|
|130a||15a||"Jerk of All Trades"||Michelle Bryan||Sindy Spackman||July 15, 2014||1.85|
|When Timmy inadvertently gets Jorgen fired from his job, he tries to help him get a new job.|
|130b||15b||"Snack Attack"||Gary Conrad||Alec Schwimmer (story)
Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan
|July 15, 2014||1.85|
|Mr. Crocker tries to get magic with Sparky's treats.|
|131a||16a||"Turning into Turner"||Kevin Petrilak||Joanna Lewis, Alec Schwimmer, and Kristine Songco||July 16, 2014||1.91|
|Mr. Crocker tries to transform into future Timmy.|
|131b||16b||"The Wand That Got Away"||Michelle Bryan||Sindy Spackman||July 16, 2014||1.91|
|In an homage to Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!, Timmy and his fairies try to find Cosmo's wand or else he can no longer be a fairy godparent.|
|132||17||"Dimmsdale Tales"||Ken Bruce and Gary Conrad||Joanna Lewis, Alec Schwimmer, Kristine Songco, and Sindy Spackman||July 18, 2014||N/A|
|After Mr. Turner forgets the camping supplies for his scouts trip, Timmy tells scary stories to past the time.|
|133a||18a||"Love at First Bark"||Gary Conrad||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan||July 21, 2014||N/A|
|Sparky falls in love with Dinkleberg's dog, but Timmy's Dad forbids him from seeing her.|
|133b||18b||"Desperate Without Housewives"||Kevin Petrilak||Lissa Kapstrom||July 21, 2014||N/A|
|Timmy wishes the universe was without women for 24 hours.|
|134a||19a||"Stage Fright"||Gary Conrad||Joanna Lewis, Kristine Songco, and Becky Wangberg||July 22, 2014||N/A|
|Timmy tries to help Vicky get into acting...with painful consequences for Timmy.|
|134b||19b||"Gone Flushin'"||Kevin Petrilak||Lissa Kapstrom||July 22, 2014||N/A|
|Timmy, Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof (all in fish form) get flushed down the toilet, and must find their wands in the sewer to get back home. Also, Catman adopts a new superhero identity.|
|135a||20a||"Two and a Half Babies"[nb 1]||Gary Conrad||Sindy Spackman||July 25, 2014||1.57|
|Foop and Poof must take care of an egg for a school project. However, Foop breaks it and swaps it with a dangerous one.|
|135b||20b||"Anchor's Away"[nb 1]||Gary Conrad||Kevin Arrieta and Sindy Spackman||July 25, 2014||1.57|
|Due to several of Timmy's wishes causing effects on the news reports, Chet Ubetcha quits his job. Timmy's dad becomes the new(s) reporter and chaos ensues.|
|136a||21a||"Weirdos on a Train"||Gary Conrad||Ray DeLaurentis, Kevin Sullivan, and Will Schifrin||July 29, 2014||N/A|
|Mr. Crocker agrees to get rid of Dinkleberg for Timmy's Dad if he captures Timmy's fish (his fairies) for him.|
|136b||21b||"Tons of Timmys"||Michelle Bryan, Kevin Petrilak, and Tuck Tucker||Lissa Kapstrom||July 29, 2014||N/A|
|The Dads from "Add-a-Dad" and "Invasion of the Dads" return to take Timmy to their workplaces. When that proves to be too much for Timmy, he wishes for a clone of himself for each Dad. But when the Timmys want Timmy's fairies, Timmy must save them.|
|137a||22a||"Lame Ducks"||Michelle Bryan||Sindy Spackman||July 30, 2014||2.21|
|Timmy, Timmy's Dad, and Crocker become detectives and investigate a string of robberies all over Dimmsdale. Their actions, however, end up doing more harm than good.|
|137b||22b||"A Perfect Nightmare"||Kevin Petrilak||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, and Kevin Sullivan||July 30, 2014||2.12|
|Timmy wishes for perfect family to win a contest.|
|138||23||"Fairly Odd Fairy Tales"||Ken Bruce and Gary Conrad||Whitney Fox, Joanna Lewis, Alec Schwimmer, and Kristine Songco||August 1, 2014||2.14|
|After Poof refuses to fall asleep Wanda reads him fairy tales.|
|139||24||"Fairly Old Parent"[nb 2]||Michelle Bryan and Gary Conrad||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, Alec Schwimmer, Kevin Sullivan, and Becky Wangberg||November 20, 2014||1.95|
|Poof becomes Mrs. Crocker's fairy god parent, but eventually gets tired after she constantly keeps making wishes.|
|140||25||"Man's Worst Friend"[nb 3]||Michelle Bryan and Gary Conrad||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, Alec Schwimmer, and Kevin Sullivan||February 8, 2015||1.48|
|Foop replaces Sparky with Anti-Sparky.|
|141||26||"The Fairy Beginning"[nb 4]||Ken Bruce and Michelle Bryan||Ray DeLaurentis, Will Schifrin, Alec Schwimmer, and Kevin Sullivan||March 28, 2015||2.03|
|Cosmo's reputation as a Fairy god parent is at risk when he can't remember if he turned in one of his final tests.|
- This episode first aired on November 18, 2013 in Germany and Austria.
- This episode first aired on November 20, 2014 in Germany and Austria.
- This episode first aired on November 28, 2014 in Germany and Austria.
- This episode first aired on November 26, 2014 in Germany and Austria.
- Dave Thomas (July 28, 2012). "Dave Thomas' Official Blog".
It was a big pickup: 26 1/2 hours
- "Cable Top 25: 'The Walking Dead' Tops Cable Viewership for the Week Ending March 24, 2013". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. March 26, 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "Game of Thrones" Continues Its Reign". Thefutoncritic.com. 2013-04-14. Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- Pucci, Douglas (May 11, 2013). "Nickelodeon ratings (April 29-May 5, 2013)". Son of the Bronx. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanada (May 14, 2013). "Cable Top 25: NBA Playoffs & 'Game of Thrones' Tops Cable Viewership for the Week Ending May 12, 2013". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 14, 2013.
- Pucci, Douglas (June 7, 2013). "Nickelodeon ratings (May 27-June 2, 2013)". Son of the Bronx. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- Nickelodeon ratings (June 3–9, 2013) SonoftheBronx.com June 14, 2013
- Son of the Bronx on 6/21/2013 (2013-06-21). "Son of the Bronx: Nickelodeon ratings (June 10–16, 2013)". Sonofthebronx.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- "Cable Top 25: 'Skywire Live' Tops Cable Viewership for the Week Ending June 23, 2013 – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- "Nickelodeon is Week’s Top Cable Net with Kids and Total Viewers". TVbytheNumbers. 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2014-07-20.
- Pucci, Douglas (July 24, 2014). "Wednesday Cable Finals". TV Media Insights. Cross Mediaworks. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Pucci, Douglas (July 29, 2014). "Monday Cable Finals". TV Media Insights. Cross Mediaworks. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night, ‘Love & Hip Hop Atlanta’, ‘WWE Raw’, ‘Hit The Floor’, ‘Real Housewives of Orange County’ & More". TVbytheNumbers. 2014-05-28. Retrieved 2014-07-20.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: Home Run Derby Tops Night + ‘Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta’, ‘Monday Night RAW’, ‘Hit the Floor’, ‘Major Crimes’ & More". TVbytheNumbers. 2014-07-15. Retrieved 2014-07-20.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: ‘Deadliest Catch’ & ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Top Night + ‘The Haves & The Have Nots’, ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ & More". TVbytheNumbers. 2014-07-16. Retrieved 2014-07-20.
- "Wednesday Cable Ratings: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Tops Night + ‘Teen Mom’, ‘ESPY Awards’, ‘Suits’ & More - Ratings". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved 2014-07-20.
- Pucci, Douglas (July 28, 2014). "Friday Cable Finals". TV Media Insights. Cross Mediaworks. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Pucci, Douglas (July 31, 2014). "Wednesday Cable Finals". TV Media Insights. Cross Mediaworks. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Pucci, Douglas (August 4, 2014). "Friday Cable Finals". TV Media Insights. Cross Mediaworks. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- "Cosmo und Wanda Staffel 9, Folge 20: Zauberpate Poof". Fernsehserien.de (in German). Retrieved 2014-11-28.
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 31, 2015). "Top 25 Saturday Cable Originals: 3.28.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (February 10, 2015). "Top 25 Sunday Cable Originals: 2.8.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "Cosmo und Wanda Staffel 9, Folge 24: Wie alles begann". Fernsehserien.de (in German). Retrieved 2014-11-28.