Farewell 1 Tour-Live from Melbourne
|Eagles: Farewell 1 Tour - Live from Melbourne|
|Directed by||Carol Dodds|
|Produced by||Glenn Frey|
|Edited by||Jeff Doe
|Distributed by||Warner Vision|
Farewell 1 Tour - Live from Melbourne is a double DVD by Eagles, released in 2005 (see 2005 in music). It was filmed in Melbourne, Australia at the Rod Laver Arena on the 14, 15 and 17 of November 2004, in the same name tour, featuring two new songs. It is the second record featuring the Eagles as quartet (without Don Felder) but it did feature a horn section.
The name 'Farewell Tour' has nothing to do with the band's plan to quit touring and this is confirmed by Glenn Frey's quote in the interview contained in the DVD: "The longer this goes on, the better these songs sound. There is a 'sort of' honesty in calling the tour Farewell 1, with its implication that Farewell 2 will follow soon."
In November 2006, the DVD was re-issued at Wal-Mart stores with a bonus 3-track CD which are tasters of the band's upcoming studio album. The tracks are a studio version of Frey's "No More Cloudy Days", the Henley/Frey penned rocker "Fast Company" and the Henley/Schmit/Smith penned ballad "Do Something".
In 2013 it was released as a single Blu-ray disc.
- "Opening Sequence" (Glenn Frey, Richard Davis)
- "The Long Run" (Don Henley, Frey)
- "New Kid in Town" (Henley, Frey, J. D. Souther)
- "Wasted Time (Henley, Frey) / Wasted Time (Reprise)" (Henley, Frey, Jim Ed Norman)
- "Peaceful Easy Feeling" (Jack Tempchin)
- "I Can't Tell You Why" (Henley, Frey, Timothy B. Schmit)
- "One of These Nights" (Frey, Henley)
- "One Day at a Time" (Joe Walsh)
- "Lyin' Eyes" (Frey, Henley)
- "The Boys of Summer" (Mike Campbell, Henley)
- "In the City" (Walsh, Barry De Vorzon)
- "Already Gone" (Tempchin, Rob Stradlund) / Silent Spring (Intro) (Frey, Jay Oliver)
- "Tequila Sunrise" (Frey, Henley)
- "Love Will Keep Us Alive" (Jim Capaldi, Paul Carrack, Peter Vale)
- "No More Cloudy Days" (Frey)
- "Hole in the World" (Frey, Henley)
- "Take It to the Limit" (Frey, Henley, Randy Meisner)
- "You Belong to the City" (Frey, Tempchin)
- "Walk Away" (Walsh)
- "Sunset Grill" (Henley, Danny Kortchmar, Benmont Tench)
- "Life's Been Good" (Walsh)
- "Dirty Laundry" (Henley, Kortchmar)
- "Funk #49" (Jim Fox, Dale Peters, Walsh)
- "Heartache Tonight" (Frey, Henley, Bob Seger, Souther)
- "Life in the Fast Lane" (Frey, Henley, Walsh)
- "Hotel California" (Don Felder, Henley, Frey)
- "Rocky Mountain Way" (Rocky Grace, Kenny Passarelli, Joe Vitale, Walsh)
- "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" (Kortchmar)
- "Take It Easy" (Jackson Browne, Frey)
- "Desperado" (Frey, Henley)
- Glenn Frey - guitars, piano, keyboards, vocals
- Don Henley - drums, percussion, guitars, vocals
- Timothy B. Schmit - bass guitar, vocals
- Joe Walsh - guitars, slide guitar, keyboards, organ, vocals
- Steuart Smith: guitars, backing vocals (primarily replaces Don Felder who was fired from the Eagles in 2001)
- Michael Thompson: Keyboards, accordion,backing vocals
- Willie Hollis: Keyboards, backing vocals
- Scott Crago: Drums, percussion, backing vocals, sound FX (e.g. car horns and brakes on "Life's Been Good", and clapping sounds in "Heartache Tonight")
- Bill Armstrong: Trumpet
- Al Garth: Saxophone, violin and percussion
- Christian Mostert: Tenor and alto saxophone
- Greg Smith: Baritone saxophone
- Behind the Scenes footage
- New Interviews
- A Glimpse Backstage
Bonus CD included at Wal-Mart stores
- "No More Cloudy Days" (Frey)
- "Fast Company" (Henley/Frey)
- "Do Something" (Henley/Schmit/Smith)
Charts and certifications
- "The ARIA Report (Issue 803)" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association. Pandora Archive. p. 22. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Austria Top 40 – Musik-DVD Top 10". Austrian Charts (in German). Hung Medien. Archived from the original (ASP) on November 5, 2012. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Ultratop 10 Muziek-DVD" (ASP). Ultratop (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Ultratop 10 Musicaux" (ASP). Ultratop (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Musik DVD Top-10: Uge 27 – 2005" (ASP). Hitlisten (in Danish). IFPI Denmark. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Archivum: DVD Top 20". MAHASZ (in Hungarian). Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Archivio: DVD Musicali: Settimana 27, 2005" [Archive: Music DVDs: Week 27, 2005] (PHP). Federation of the Italian Music Industry (in Italian). Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "GfK Dutch DVD Music Top 30". Dutch Charts (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Archived from the original (ASP) on October 21, 2012. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Top 10 Music DVDs". Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. Archived from the original (ASP) on June 11, 2012. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Topp 10 DVD Audio: 2005 – Uke 29". VG-lista (in Norwegian). Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Top 30 DVD's Musicais – Semana 31 De 2005". Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa (in Portuguese). Archived from the original (PHP) on October 6, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Sverigetopplistan". Sverigetopplistan (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 2015-12-26. Search for Eagles and click Sök.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2011 DVDs". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Canadian video certifications – Eagles – Farewell I Tour: Live". Music Canada.
- "French video certifications – Eagles – Farewell 1 Tour-Live from Melbourne" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Eagles; 'Farewell 1 Tour')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Latest Gold / Platinum Albums". Radioscope. 17 July 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24.
- "British video certifications – Eagles – Farewell Tour". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Farewell Tour in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select DVD in the field By Format. Select Platinum in the field By Award. Click Search
- "American video certifications – Eagles – Farewell I Tour: Live from Melbourne". Recording Industry Association of America. February 8, 2008. Retrieved July 4, 2011. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Video Longform, then click SEARCH
- Grein, Paul (March 6, 2013). "Week Ending March 3, 2013. Albums: Bargain Gives Bruno A Boost". Chart Watch. Yahoo Music. Retrieved March 14, 2013.