Love Will Keep Us Alive
|"Love Will Keep Us Alive"|
|Single by Eagles|
|from the album Hell Freezes Over|
|Genre||Soft rock, country rock, adult contemporary, rock, pop rock,|
|Producer(s)||Eagles, Elliot Scheiner, Rob Jacobs|
|Eagles singles chronology|
"Love Will Keep Us Alive" is a song written by Jim Capaldi, Paul Carrack, and Peter Vale and produced by the Eagles, Elliot Scheiner, and Rob Jacobs. It was first performed by the Eagles in 1994, during their Hell Freezes Over reunion tour, with lead vocals by bassist Timothy B. Schmit. This is the last single to feature Don Felder, who was terminated from the band in 2001.
Although the song was never formally released as a single in the US, and thus was not eligible to appear on the US Billboard Hot 100 under the rules then in place, it spent three weeks at number one on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart in early 1995 and reached number 22 on Billboard's Hot 100 Airplay chart. In the United Kingdom, "Love Will Keep Us Alive" was issued as a single and peaked at number 52 on the UK Singles Chart.
The song was nominated at the 38th Grammy Awards for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals.
According to the liner notes that accompanied their 2003 greatest hits CD, this song was written when Carrack, Capaldi, and Schmit were planning to form a band with Don Felder and Max Carl during the late eighties or early nineties. The band had the working name of Malibu Men's Choir. This never materialized, so Schmit proposed the song for the Eagles' reunion album. According to Felder, they sent demo tapes to the Eagles manager, Irving Azoff, who rejected it as not good enough. Felder thought it ironic that the Eagles would later record one of those rejected songs.
- Glenn Frey – harmony and backing vocals, rhythm guitar
- Don Henley – harmony and backing vocals, drums
- Don Felder – harmony and backing vocals, slide guitar
- Joe Walsh – harmony and backing vocals, rhythm guitar
- Timothy B. Schmit – lead vocals, bass guitar
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)||64|
"Love Will Keep Us Alive" was also recorded by Capaldi and Dave Mason on their 40,000 Headman tour and live album, and by Carrack (duet with Lindsay Dracass) on his 2007 album Old, New, Borrowed and Blue.
- Hyatt, Wesley (1999). The Billboard Book of No. 1 Adult Contemporary Hits (Billboard Publications)
- "OfficialCharts.com Is For Sale". Official Charts Company.
- "Paul Carrack – A Different Hat". Allmusic. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Crowe, Cameron (August 2003). "Conversations with Don Henley and Glenn Frey". The Uncool. Retrieved April 8, 2018.
- "Don Felder Talks Eagles Gear, "Hotel California" and His Slide Guitar Influences".
- Don Felder and Wendy Holden, Heaven and Hell: My Life with the Eagles (1974–2001). John Wiley and Sons, 2008, 235.
- Felder and Holden, 252.
- "RPM 100 Hit Tracks of 1995". RPM. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- "Love Will Keeps Us Alive (Live)-林志炫_无损下载_百度云网盘_91flac.com无损音乐网". www.91flac.com.