|Occupation||Journalist, financial expert, television personality and author|
Farnoosh Torabi (born February, 1980) is an Iranian-American journalist, author, television personality, and personal finance expert.
Education and personal life
Ms. Torabi was born to Iranian parents in Worcester, Massachusetts, and attended Harriton High School in suburban Philadelphia. She has a Masters of Science in Finance and International Business from Pennsylvania State University and a MS in Journalism from Columbia University. In 2010, she was named an alumna of distinction by Penn State University for graduates under the age of 35.
Ms. Torabi began her career in 2003 as a researcher and reporter at Money magazine. From 2004 to 2006 she lived in New York City and worked as a business producer and reporter. She was a financial correspondent for Jim Cramer's TheStreet.com TV from 2006 to 2009. In 2008, she was the financial correspondent on Real Simple, Real Life. In 2009, she became the host of SOAPnet's The Bank of Mom and Dad, an adaptation of the BBC reality series. The New York Times called her advice on that show “perfectly practical”.
In 2008, Ms. Torabi published You're So Money: Live Rich Even When You're Not. The book focuses on financial advice for young people. Her next book, Psych Yourself Rich was published in 2010 by FT Press.
Ms. Torabi is a frequent guest on CBS MoneyWatch,[better source needed] the Today Show and MSNBC, as well as The Nate Berkus Show. Her advice has appeared in publications including Real Simple, People, Entrepreneur, The Wall Street Journal and The New York Post.
- "Thirteen young Penn Staters honored with Alumni Achievement Award". Penn State Live. April 9, 2010. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "Real Simple, Real Life Photos", TV Guide, retrieved March 3, 2012
- "Bank of Mom and Dad". SOAPNet. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Siegel Bernard, Tara (November 12, 2009). "A Reality Show That Eliminates Debt, Not Contenstants". The New York Times. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Torabi, Farnoosh. "You're So Money: Live Rich, Even When You're Not (9780307406194)". Amazon.com. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Torabi, Farnoosh. "Psych Yourself Rich: Get the Mindset and Discipline You Need to Build Your Financial Life (9780137079278):". Amazon.com. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "Financially Fit". Yahoo. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "CBS Money Watch". Wikipedia. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "Life Inc: Farnoosh Torabi". MSNBC. February 2, 2009. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "Farnoosh Torabi". The Nate Berkus Show. Retrieved March 3, 2012.