Fear No Evil (Doro album)
|Fear No Evil|
|Studio album by Doro|
|Released||23 January 2009|
|Recorded||Eardrum Studios, Hamburg
W:A:T Factory, Bochum
Crownhyll Studio, Remscheid, Germany
Soundmine Recording Studios, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA
|Producer||Andreas Bruhn, Torsten Sickert, Doro Pesch|
|Ultimate Collector's Edition cover|
|Metal Hammer (GER)||
Fear No Evil is the eleventh studio album of the German female hard rock singer Doro. It was released worldwide in 2009 by AFM Records. The album was produced and engineered by usual collaborators Andreas Bruhn, Chris Lietz and Tosten Sickert and reflects in the songs a strong celebrative mood. In fact, titles like "Night of the Warlock", "Celebrate", "25 Years" and the new collaboration with the American Joey Balin, who had produced the last Warlock album, were meant to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first LP released by Doro Pesch, Burning the Witches in 1984. On 13 December 2008, a big celebrative concert with dozens of guests was held in Doro’s native city of Düsseldorf, featuring also some of the musicians who had participated in the making of this album; Tarja Turunen (former singer of Nightwish) performed a duet with Doro on "Walking with the Angels", Saxon singer Biff Byford sang on the single "Celebrate" with many female metal singers that Doro had befriended during her many tours and festival attendances.
Fear No Evil reached position No. 11 on the German Longplay chart.
|1.||"The Night of the Warlock"||Doro Pesch, Chris Lietz||5:43|
|2.||"Running from the Devil"||Pesch, Andreas Bruhn||3:36|
|3.||"Celebrate"||Pesch, Joey Balin||4:54|
|4.||"Caught in a Battle"||Pesch, Bruhn||3:09|
|6.||"On the Run"||Pesch, Lietz||4:41|
|7.||"Walking with the Angels"||Pesch, Balin||4:54|
|8.||"I Lay My Head upon My Sword"||Pesch||3:36|
|9.||"It Kills Me"||Pesch, Bruhn||4:28|
|10.||"Long Lost for Love"||Pesch, Joe Taylor||3:26|
|11.||"25 Years"||Pesch, Bruhn||4:47|
|Limited edition bonus tracks|
|13.||"You Won My Love"||Pesch, Nick Douglas||4:13|
- Limited edition has "Herzblut" music video.
- Doro Pesch – vocals
- Nick Douglas – bass
- Joe Taylor – guitars
- Johnny Dee – drums
- Oliver Palotai – keyboards, guitars
- Luca Princiotta – keyboards, guitars
- Ingulf Brammer – backing vocals
- Andreas Bruhn – guitars, bass
- Lukas Dylong – backing vocals
- Dennis Krueger – guitar
- Chris Lietz – guitar, keyboards
- Dirk Schoppen – backing vocals
- Torsten Sickert – keyboards, guitars, bass
- Tarja Turunen – vocals on "Walking with the Angels"
- Klaus Vanscheidt – guitar, backing vocals
- Kai Blankenberg – mastering
- Andreas Bruhn – producer, engineer, mixing
- Jarred Cannon – engineer
- Rudy Kronenberger – engineer
- Chris Lietz – engineer, mixing, mastering
- Dan Malsch – engineer
- Doro Pesch – producer
- Torsten Sickert – programming, producer, engineer, mixing
- "Doro Metal Hammer Suchergebnis" (in German). Metal Hammer. March 2009. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "Doro - Fear No Evil". Encyclopaedia Metallum. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- Cannella, Tony (April 2009). "She Fears No Evil!". Metalmaidens.com. Retrieved 18 September 2010.
- "Doro 25th Anniversary". Metal-Experience.com. 2008. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Doro Fear No Evil Zusammenfassung". Musicline.de. Retrieved 14 September 2010.