Bolívar State, Colombia
(Redirected from Federal State of Bolívar)
Bolívar State was one of the states of Colombia. Today the area of the former state makes up most of modern-day Bolívar Department, Sucre Department, Córdoba Department and Atlántico Department in northern Colombia.
In 1863 it bordered:
- Antioquia State in the South.
- Cauca State in the West.
- Magdalena State in the East.
- Atlantic Ocean in the North.
- June 15, 1857: created as Estado Federal de Bolívar (Federal State of Bolívar).
- 1858 recognized as Estado de la Federación in the 1858 constitution of the Granadine Confederation.
- 1863 Estado Soberano de Bolívar (Sovereign State of Bolívar) in the 1863 constitution of the United States of Colombia.
Departments of 1857
Provinces of 1862
- Barranquilla Province (village of Barranquilla as capital)
- Carmen Province (village of El Carmen de Bolívar as capital)
- Cartagena Province (village of Cartagena de Indias as capital)
- Corozal Province (village of Corozal as capital)
- Chinú Province (village of Chinú as capital)
- Lorica Province (village of Santa Cruz de Lorica as capital)
- Magangué Province (village of Magangué as capital)
- Mahates Province (village of Mahates as capital)
- Mompox Province (village of Santa Cruz de Mompox as capital)
- Nieto Province (village of Ciénaga de Oro as capital)
- Sabanalarga Province (village of Sabanalarga as capital)
- Sincelejo Province (village of Sincelejo as capital)
- Cervantes Virtual: Constitución de la Confederación Granadina de 1858
- Cervantes Virtual: Constitución política de los Estados Unidos de Colombia de 1863
- Gobernación de Bolívar: Historia[permanent dead link]
- disaster-info.net brief history relating to Sovereign State of Bolivar
|This Colombian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|