Feels Like Today
|Feels Like Today|
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 28, 2004|
|Rascal Flatts chronology|
|Singles from Feels Like Today|
Feels Like Today is the third studio album from the American country music group Rascal Flatts. It was released in September 2004 on Lyric Street Records, and has sold 5.274 million copies in the United States as of July 2014, and has been certified 5× Multi-Platinum by the RIAA. The album produced its title track as a single along with "Bless the Broken Road", "Fast Cars and Freedom", and "Skin (Sarabeth)". "Bless the Broken Road" was initially recorded by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and has also been recorded by Marcus Hummon, Melodie Crittenden (whose version was a number 42 country single in 1997), and Geoff Moore before the release of Rascal Flatts' version. It would later be a Top 5 Christian hit for Selah as well. "When the Sand Runs Out" was later recorded by Marty Raybon on his 2006 album of the same name.
"Skin (Sarabeth)", initially a hidden track, received enough airplay to enter Top 40 on the country charts in 2005, leading to its release as a single after "Fast Cars and Freedom". Upon its release to radio, "Skin (Sarabeth)" was officially added to the track list. "Here's to You" also charted from unsolicited airplay, and was made into a music video.
This was the band's last album not to be produced Dann Huff.
|1.||"Where You Are"||Catt Gravitt, James LeBlanc||3:53|
|2.||"Bless the Broken Road"||Jeff Hanna, Bobby Boyd, Marcus Hummon||3:46|
|3.||"Then I Did"||Steve Robson, Jeffrey Steele||3:12|
|4.||"Feels Like Today"||Robson, Wayne Hector||3:26|
|5.||"Fast Cars and Freedom"||Gary LeVox, Neil Thrasher, Wendell Mobley||4:24|
|6.||"When the Sand Runs Out"||Brad Crisler, LeBlanc||3:46|
|7.||"Here's to You"||Jay DeMarcus, Thrasher, Mobley||3:33|
|8.||"The Day Before You" (Matthew West cover)||Matthew West||4:06|
|9.||"Break Away"||Joe Don Rooney, Randy Cantor, Dennis Matkosky||3:12|
|10.||"Holes"||Gregory Becker, John Paul White||4:18|
|11.||"Oklahoma-Texas Line"||DeMarcus, LeVox, Rooney||2:56|
|12.||"Skin (Sarabeth)" (hidden track)||Doug Johnson, Joe Henry||4:18|
- Jay DeMarcus – bass guitar, background vocals
- Gary LeVox – lead vocals
- Joe Don Rooney – lead guitar, background vocals
- Tim Akers – keyboards, synthesizer, accordion
- Larry Beaird – acoustic guitar
- Tom Bukovac – rhythm guitar
- Paul Franklin – steel guitar
- Jerry McPherson – rhythm guitar
- Gordon Mote – piano, Hammond B-3 organ
- Steve Nathan – piano, Hammond B-3 organ
- Lonnie Wilson – drums
- Jonathan Yudkin – fiddle, mandolin, octofone, banjo, strings
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|U.S. Billboard 200||1|
|U.S. Top Country Albums||1|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|2004||"Feels Like Today"||9||56||—||—|
|"Bless the Broken Road"||1||29||40||20|
|2005||"Fast Cars and Freedom"||1||38||70||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Platinum|
|United States (RIAA)||5× Platinum|
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Feels Like Today review". Allmusic. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- Grein, Paul (July 8, 2014). "Top 20 New Acts Since 2000". Yahoo! Music.
- "Canadian album certifications – Rascal Flatts – Feels Like Today". Music Canada.
- "American album certifications – Rascal Flatts – Feels Like Today". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.