This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Flavio Insinna (born 3 July 1965) is an Italian actor and television presenter. He is the current host of L'eredità, and previously hosted Affari Tuoi, the Italian version of Deal or No Deal, having initially presented it between 2006 and 2008,  and again since 2013.
In 1986, after trying unsuccessfully to join the Carabinieri (the Italian gendarmerie), he enrolled at Alessandro Fersen's drama school, and in 1990, he graduated from the "Laboratory exercises scenic", run by Gigi Proietti in Rome. He works both in theatre and the cinema; his other film credits include Metronotte and Johnny the Partisan.
One of his most popular roles was Flavio Anceschi, a captain in the Carabinieri, which he played for five seasons in the hit television series Don Matteo on RAI with Terence Hill and Nino Frassica. He subsequently starred in two other fiction of RAI figures of Don Bosco and Father Parrot (one of the 335 victims of the massacre at the Fosse Ardeatine in March of '44). Among his most recent works include the sitcom Cooked and eaten, aired in the summer of 2006.
In September 2006, he made his debut as the host of the prime-time game show Affari Tuoi (a game show known as Deal or No Deal in the USA) on RaiUno. The program is highly rated and has managed to top the competitor in its time slot, "Strip The News". This gave a rebirth to the popularity of the show which before Insinna's return had retreated in the ratings. As a result of this success, Flavio has received critical acclaim, thanks to which he was awarded a "Telegatto" on 27 January 2007 for "Best New Personality" of 2006. Again in 2007 he took part as a guest on the final evening of the Sanremo music festival. After two successful seasons, Insinna left Affari Tuoi in June 2008 to devote himself to the theater.
For two seasons from 2008 he played the title role in the shoes of the Commissioner Santamaria Diego in the TV series RAI I married a cop and in 2009 he starred in Ex directed by Fausto Brizzi. In the same year, he also participated as a dancer for a night on the second episode of the fifth edition of the program on Rai Uno Dancing with the Stars. He also participated in the creation of the so-called Loves Mango windows are reciting the text of the same name.
In 2011 he was the conductor of the historic bullfighting The program, broadcast on Channel 5, its debut on Mediaset. In May 2011, after the death of his father, was temporarily withdrawn from the scene because, as he himself said, he does not want to make people laugh. He wrote a book, even with an ear bite, released 21 February 2012, and that in a few weeks arrived at the 4th reprint. In 2012 he led the early-evening Channel 5's arm and mind.
Since 15 September 2012 led to the radio program please speak to the driver, written by Marco Presta and Franco Bertini, Radiodue on Saturdays and Sundays. On 15 December the same year, he returned to conduct the RAI in the late evening on RAI 1 marathon charity telethon.
8 September 2013 back to lead on RAI 1 from 20:40 Affari Tuoi. The program is able to prevail in the satirical plays Strip the News tapping it on a daily basis, starting from September 2013. November 22 of the same year Flavio Insinna participates as a juror in the program and That Which Show.
On 30 November 2013, again "Dancer for one night" Dancing with the Stars in the transmission paired with Elena Rabbit, his partner already working in the bullfight. Insinna and the Rabbit propose a tango that gets a huge success ripping the jury the maximum marks (50 points).
In March 2014 leads in prime time on Rai 1 talent show The track, a talent consists of eight teams, each team is captained by a VIP (singer, dancer, actor). The program is broadcast with some success for five episodes.
In 2018, Flavio took over as host of "L'Eredita'" a long-time game show broadcast nightly on Rai 1.
- 1998 Figli di Annibale
- 1998 Un bugiardo in paradiso
- 1999 Guardami
- 2000 Il partigiano Johnny
- 2000 Metronotte
- 2001 The Comeback
- 2001 Tuttapposto
- 2003 La finestra di fronte
- 2003 Tutto in quella notte
- 2008 Ex
- 1999 Dependence Day
- 2002 I soliti idioti
- 2005 Alcuni buoni motivi per i quali non bisognerebbe mai cercare di fare l'attore
- 2006 Basette
- 2007 Deal or No Deal (United States Version)
- 1986 Certamen Vaticanum
- 1987 Uccidiamo il chiaro di luna
- 1988 Folli sempre folli fortissimamente folli
- 1990 Il desiderio preso per la coda
- 1990 Che tragedia
- 1990 Lighea
- 1990 Tosca
- 1991 Madre coraggio
- 1992 Rimozioni forzate
- 1992 Il campanile
- 1993 A qualcuno piace caldo
- 1994 Sotterraneo
- 1994 Il tramezzo
- 1995 L'inno dell'ultimo anno
- 1995 Guardiano di porci
- 1995 Radio estetica
- 1996 Rassegna di monologhi inediti
- 1997 Tunnel
- 1997 La banda
- 1997 Fegatelli
- 1990 Club '92 (sit-com)
- 1995 Uno di noi (fiction)
- 1997 Il mastino (fiction)
- 1997 Dio vede e provvede 2 (fiction)
- 1999 Maria figlia del suo figlio (fiction)
- 1999 Il diavolo e l'acqua santa (fiction)
- 1999 Padre Pio: Miracle Man (fiction)
- 2000-2006 Don Matteo (fiction)
- 2000 Distretto di polizia (fiction)
- 2000 Angelo il custode (fiction)
- 2001 La crociera (fiction)
- 2001 Crociati (fiction)
- 2001 La terra d'outremere
- 2003 Maria Goretti (historical non-fiction)
- 2004 Saint John Bosco: Mission To Love (historical non-fiction)
- 2005 Meucci (historical non-fiction)
- 2005 Der Todestunnel (non-fiction)
- 2005 San Pietro (historical non-fiction)
- 2006 La buona battaglia - Don Pietro Pappagallo (non-fiction)
- 2005 Cotti e mangiati (sit-com)
- 2006 Affari tuoi (TV Game show)
- 2008 Ho sposato uno sbirro (fiction)
- 2011 Eroi per caso (historical fiction)
- 2013 Affari tuoi (TV Game show)
- 2018 L'eredità (TV Game show)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flavio Insinna.|
- 2001 - Special award: Prima - Italian guide to actors for his part in the film Guardami;
- 2004 - award Telegrolla and Premio per l'Europa for his part in the TV series Don Bosco, awarded at the Salerno Film and Fiction festival and Premio internazionale Sant'Antonio for his part as Capitano Anceschi in Don Matteo;
- 2006 - Premio internazionale Flaiano, Premio di cultura "Città di Marinella" and Telegrolla for the fictional series La buona battaglia - Don Pietro Pappagallo, Cinema and Theatre award Apoxiomeno filippese for the show Don Matteo;
- 2008 - Rome Fiction Festival - Award for best male protagonist for "Ho Sposato Uno Sbirro";