Flick the Vs
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Flick the Vs|
|Studio album by King Creosote|
|Released||April 20, 2009|
|King Creosote chronology|
A limited edition version of the album includes a five-track bonus disc.
The Fence Collective official website wrote the following upon release:
The King returns with his millionth album, and comeback for Domino, Flick The Vs. Ten tracks teaming with dry wit, suave one liners, stunning poise, great hair and a nice ass - all held together by that voice, accordion, guitar and drum machines. Produced by Paul Savage at Chem19, and recorded with Jon Hopkins, The Earlies, Steve Mason and some Fence Collective chums - it's got everything that you could possibly want from a King Creosote record but were afraid to dream of.
All songs by Kenny Anderson, except where noted.
- "No One Had it Better"
- "Two Frocks at a Wedding"
- "Camels Swapped for Wives"
- "No Way She Exists"
- "Fell an Ox"
- "Coast on By" (Anderson/Steve Mason)
- "Nothing Rings True"
- "Curtain Craft"
- "Saw Circular Prowess"
Songs written by the Fence Collective, except where noted.
- "Here On My Own"
- "Diamantina Drover" (Hugh MacDonald)
- "Admission #9"
- "I Awoke"
- "I Believe It's True"
- King Creosote - vocals, guitar, electric bass, keyboards, percussion, accordion, synths, piano, harmonium, mandolin, hammer dulcimer
- OTF - drums (tracks 1 and 3), drum machines (track 9)
- The Janitor - drums, drum machines (track 2), percussion (track 1)
- Captain Geeko - African drums (tracks 2 and 3), drums (tracks 3 and 9)
- Le Baron Rouge - electric bass (track 2)
- Albany - samples (track 2)
- Sorren's Dad - double bass (tracks 3 and 9)
- Young Richard - drums (tracks 4, 8 and 10), xylophone (track 8)
- Young Neil - electric bass (tracks 4, 8 and 10), electric guitar (tracks 4 and 10), violas (track 10)
- Von Supponatime - Moog synthesizer (track 4), piano (tracks 8 and 10), organ (track 10)
- Nicolai Chestikov - baritone sax (tracks 4 and 8)
- Steve Mason - drum machines, loops (track 5), drums, keyboards, vocals (track 6)
- Jon Hopkins - keyboards, xylophone, piano (track 5)
- Gaz - tuba (track 8)
- Pip Dylan - gitanjo (track 9)
- Paul Savage - producer, engineer, mixing