French ship Le Terrible
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from French ship Terrible)
16 ships of the French Navy have borne the name Terrible:
- Terrible, a 68-gun ship of the line (1670-1678), built in Brest. She took part in the battle of Schooneveld on the 7 June 1673. She sank on the 11 May 1678.
- Terrible, an 80-gun ship of the line (1679-1692). Built in Brest in 1679, she took part in the battle of Bévézier on the 10 July 1690 and in the Battle of La Hougue; she was destroyed in a fire at La Hougue on the 3 June 1692.
- Terrible, a Fulminante class bomb ship (1681-1696) built in Toulon
- Terrible, a 74-gun ship of the line (1692-1724) which took part in the Battle of Lagos (1693) and in the Battle of Malaga on the 24 August 1704
- Terrible, a 74-gun ship of the line (1737-1762). Built in Toulon, she was launched in 1737 and took part in the Battle of Toulon in 1744. She was captured by the English in the 25 October 1747.
- Terrible, a 110-gun ship of the line, lead ship of her class (1779-1802). Built in Toulon, she took part in the bataille du 13 prairial an II and to the cruise of Bruix in 1799.
- Terrible, a gunboat (1793-1795) built in Dieppe, renamed to Trombein 1795.
- Terrible, A gunboat (1793-1795) ; along with the Chiffonne, she captured the 40-gun English frigate HMS Minerva in 1803
- Terrible, a privateer (1796), captured and destroyed by HMS Hazard.
- Terrible, a privateer captured by HMS Penguin on the 24 May 1797.
- Terrible, a bomb ship (1800)
- Terrible, a 110-gun Commerce de Paris class ship of the line (1811-1814) built in Antwerp, never finished and sold for scrap.
- Bretagne, a steam and sail ship of the line (1849-1881) started in Brest in 1849 as Bretagne, she was launched in 1855. In 1866, she was used as barracks. She was renamed to Ville de Bordeaux in 1880 and took part in the Crimean War (1854-1855).
- Terrible, an ironclad coast-guard (1877-1911). Launched in 1881, she displaced 7700 tonnes with 6200 HP. She carried 2 274 mm guns, 4 100 mm guns and 2 torpedo launchers. She was decommissioned and used as a target ship.
- Terrible, a destroyer of the Fantasque class.
- Terrible (S 612), a strategic nuclear submarine (SNLE) of the Redoutable class, decommissioned on the 1 July 1996.
- Terrible (S 619), a strategic nuclear submarine (SNLE) of the Triomphant class, launched on 21 March 2008 and join active service in 2010.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|