From Nurse to Worse (1940 film)
|From Nurse To Worse|
|Directed by||Jules White|
|Produced by||Jules White|
|Written by||Clyde Bruckman
Charles L. Kimball
|Cinematography||Benjamin H. Kline|
|Edited by||Mel Thorsen|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
From Nurse To Worse is the 49th short film released by Columbia Pictures in 1940 starring American slapstick comedy team The Three Stooges (Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Curly Howard). The comedians released 190 short films for the studio between 1934 and 1959.
The boys are painters who run into their old friend Jerry, an insurance salesman (Lynton Brent). He promises them that if they take out a policy on Curly proving that he has gone insane, they can collect $500 a month. Moe and Larry bring Curly on a leash to the office of Dr. D. Lerious (Vernon Dent). Curly's pretending to be a hound is so over the top that the doctor declares he must operate. The Stooges flee, and hide out in the back of a dog catcher's truck and are soon infested with fleas. Dr. Lerious eventually catches up with the Stooges, and Curly is sent straight for the operating room. Eventually, the trio get away on a gurney, bump into their pal Jerry, and give him the works.
From Nurse to Worse was filmed on May 15–18, 1940.
- Pauley, Jim (2012). The Three Stooges Hollywood Filming Locations. Solana Beach, California: Santa Monica Press, LLC. p. 111. ISBN 9781595800701.
- Solomon, Jon (2002). The Complete Three Stooges: The Official Filmography and Three Stooges Companion. Glendale, California: Comedy III Productions, Inc. ISBN 0971186804.
- From Nurse To Worse at the Internet Movie Database
- From Nurse To Worse at AllMovie
- From Nurse To Worse at threestooges.net
|This article related to a short comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|