|Nationality||Republic of China|
Liu studied chemistry at National Taiwan University and completed a doctorate in the same field at the University of Chicago in 1976. He started postdoctoral research at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign and ended postdoctoral work at Scripps Research. Liu remained at Scripps while earning an MD at the University of Miami School of Medicine. His medical residency took place at the University of California, San Diego. Liu left Scripps for the University of California, Davis faculty in 2001. At UCD, Liu was chair professor and later appointed distinguished professor in 2012. He returned to Taiwan in 2011, as for a full professorship at National Taiwan University and a concurrent adjunct professorship at National Yang-Ming University. Liu has also served as chair professor at China Medical University and Tzu Chi University. In 2012, Liu was elected a member of Academia Sinica. The next year, he was elected to fellowship of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- "Vice President Fu-Tong Liu". Academia Sinica. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Dr. Liu, Fu-Tong". Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Fu-Tong Liu" (PDF). American College of Rheumatology. 2013. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Fu-Tong Liu, MD, PhD". Milstein Medical Asian American Partnership Foundation. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Fu-Tong Liu, M.D., Ph.D." University of California, Davis. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
|This article about a Taiwanese scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|