This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He likes contemporary art and often collaborates with magazines.
Work aside, he is a triathlete and enjoy surfing.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fumio was born in Fukui Prefecture, Japan in 1956. He went to college and graduated from Kansai University.
His mother was housewife and his father was working in the banking industry.
His mother's parents were running a business and he remembers helping them when he was a kid.
He spent his youth observing how businesses were run.
Fumio started his career as a furniture sales manager in Maruichi selling company (マルイチセーリング). He particularly devoted his time to understanding people needs.
In 1990, he established BALS Corporation in Tokyo (to be renamed Francfranc Corporation in 2017).
In 1992, Francfranc brand name was born and the first shop opened in Higashi-Shinagawa, Tokyo. Fumio's vision was to bring colour, sense and fun into people lives.
In 2003, the first store outside Japan was opened (Hong Kong, Causeway bay).
In 2017, Francfranc hit a milestone and became a 25 years old brand.
In 2018, Fumio imaginated a new brand called Masterrecipe. The concept? To use traditional craft technique to create modern design for furniture and decorative objects.
Up to this day, Fumio Takashima remains the CEO of Francfranc Corporation.
Financial times in 2006 said " Fumio Takashima may soon be Japan’s equivalent of the UK’s Sir Terence Conran ".
Other works and achievements
2008: Thinking while managing Francfranc (original title: フランフランを経営しながら考えたこと―Francfrancからデザインビジネスの可能性を拡げるバルスの戦略).
2009: The unbreakable management (original title: ぶれない経営―ブランドを育てた8人のトップが語る - Collaborative work).
2010: No result without passion (original title: 遊ばない社員はいらない).
Since 2010: Collaboration with Goethe lifestyle magazine
2013 : Ironman Triathlon Melbourne finisher.
Ironman 70.3 Triathlon: Auckland, San Diego, Nagoya, Singapore, Taiwan.
Ironman 51.5 Triathlon: participated in a lot of races
- Japantime.co.jp. June 2009.
- Bloomberg. Profile of Bals Corporation CEO - Fumio Takashima
- Japantime.co.jp. Article about Tyler Brûlé and his products present in Francfranc Stores.
- hervegambs.fr. " 2006 “Exclusive” collection for Francfranc Japan". 
- nikazupanc.com/francfranc. Collaboration for Francfranc.
- Financial times (www.ft.com). "Fumio Takashima may soon be Japan’s equivalent of the UK’s Sir Terence Conran" 
- Fukada, Takahiro (2009-06-09). "Going beyond furniture to lure in all and sundry". The Japan Times Online. ISSN 0447-5763. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- Fumio, Takashima. "Bloomberg - Profile of Bals Corporation CEO".
- Michiyo, Nakamoto. "'There aren't that many interior shops that I like'". Financial times.
- "designer - HERVE GAMBS - La Branche d'olivier Sarl". www.hervegambs.fr. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- Barron, Sandra (2010-05-27). "The long-range vision of Monocle". The Japan Times Online. ISSN 0447-5763. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- Collaborative work. "Nika Zupanc for Francfranc".