This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Directed by||Dominic Rodriguez|
|Produced by||Olivia Vaughn|
|Edited by||Christine Meyer|
Animal Media Group
|Distributed by||Gravitas Ventures|
Fursonas is a documentary film about the furry fandom, directed by Dominic Rodriguez.
Fursonas, a documentary film, follows a few furries as a social commentary of the fandom, its stigmas and how it is perceived through sensational media coverage.
Production of Fursonas began while Rodriguez was majoring in filmmaking at Point Park University. The film was originally a senior thesis project. Also involved were Olivia Vaughn and Christine Meyer. Originally a 12-minute short film, the film was expanded into a feature length documentary when the crew was awarded a 10,000 dollar grant from The Sprout Fund in 2013. In 2014 Christine Meyer and Olivia Vaughn became interns at the Animal Media Group, a production and visual effects studio. Previously, Animal had produced the documentary “Blood Brother”, which won two awards at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. Animal allowed the crew to use their facilities to edit the footage of ‘Fursonas’. Later, Animal offered to be the official production company for the documentary.
The documentary premiered at the 2016 Slamdance Film Festival.
Fursonas was well-received, winning a "Spirit of Slamdance" award at its debut film festival. Both Variety and Deadline Hollywood featured positive reviews of Fursonas on their websites.
- Boomer The Dog
- Diezel Raccoon
- Chew Fox
- Tom Cat
- ^ "'Fursonas' beats Zootopia as most important furry movie, coming soon on Video On Demand". Dogpatch Press. 7 March 2016. Archived from the original on 11 May 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- ^ a b Nass, Shannon M. "Pittsburgh-area filmmakers' documentary on 'furries' to be showcased in national film festival". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. PG Publishing Co. Archived from the original on 11 May 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- ^ "Fursonas". sproutfund.org. The Sprout Fund. Retrieved 24 May 2016.
- ^ "2016 SLAMDANCE FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES AUDIENCE AND JURY SPARKY PRIZES - Slamdance". slamdance.com. Slamdance, Inc. Archived from the original on 11 May 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- ^ Harvey, Dennis (3 February 2016). "Film Review: 'Fursonas'". Variety. Archived from the original on 9 February 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- ^ Lincoln, Ross A. (22 January 2016). "Gravitas Sews Up Slamdance Furry Subculture Docu 'Fursonas'". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 21 March 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2016.