Galen Weston Jr.
|Galen G. Weston|
|Born||December 19, 1972 (age 44)
|Occupation||CEO and Executive Chairman of Loblaw Companies Ltd. and George Weston Limited|
Galen G. Weston (born December 19, 1972), also known as Galen Weston Jr., is a Canadian businessman and the current executive CEO, chairman and President of Loblaw Companies Limited. He is the son of Willard Gordon Galen Weston and Hilary Weston.
Early life and education
Weston was born in Dublin, Ireland, when his father moved in the 1960s. Weston Sr. originally moved to Dublin to start up a supermarket chain, but he eventually married and had children.  The Westons moved to Canada in 1974.
Weston took over Loblaw Companies Ltd. in October 2006. Beforehand, he had held positions in the company for eight years and was a member on their Board of Directors. At that point the company was worth around $9.5 billion.
In January 2017, it was announced that Weston had succeeded his father as CEO of George Weston Ltd. 
Weston has been featured in a number of recent television and radio commercials for Loblaws and its President's Choice line of products. Many of these ads have focused on a new environmentally friendly image for Loblaws, with others dealing with the semi-annual PC Insider's Report.
- "Galen G. Weston takes over as CEO of George Weston Ltd." GlobalNews.ca. Web. 17 Jan 19 2017.<http://globalnews.ca/news/3191313/galen-g-weston-takes-over-as-ceo-of-george-weston-ltd/>
- "Loblaw executive chairman Weston takes on president's role" Reuters Canada. Web. 17 Jul. 2014.<http://ca.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idCAKBN0FM1A020140717>
- "At home with Hilary Weston". The Irish Times. February 8, 2014. Retrieved April 17, 2017.
- "Galen Weston Jr. Takes over at Loblaws." The Canadian Encyclopedia. Web. 15 Jan. 2010. <http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=M1ARTM0012979>.
- "Galen G. Weston named CEO of George Weston, company his father led for decades" Metro Toronto. Web. 19 Jan. 2017. <http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto/2017/01/19/newsalert-galen-g-weston-succeeds-father-as-ceo-of-george-weston-ltd.html>.
- "Memories of Excellence - The Globe and Mail." News from Canada and the world - The Globe and Mail. Web. 15 Jan. 2010. <http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/article737906.ece>.
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|