|Elevation||1,040 m (3,410 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Galilaya is in extreme northern Kayunga District, at the northern end of the Kayunga-Galilaya Road. This is approximately 83 kilometres (52 mi), by road, north of Kayunga, where the district headquarters are located. The travel distance between Galilaya and Kampala, the capital of Uganda, is approximately 145 kilometres (90 mi) by road. The coordinates of Galiraya are:1°22'12.0"N, 32°48'54.0"E (Latitude:1.3700; Longitude:32.8150).
Galilaya is the location of the headquarters of Galilaya Sub-county, one of the four sub-counties in Bbaale County, a constituent of Kayunga District. The town is one of the northern-most urban centers in the Central Region. Galilaya is close to the point where the Victoria Nile enters Lake Kyoga, to the east of town. Not far from the town center, to the west of town, the River Sezibwa also enters Lake Kyoga after its 150 kilometres (93 mi) northward journey.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town or close to its borders:
- Offices of Galilaya Town Council
- Galilaya central market
- Galilaya police station
- Galilaya Health Centre, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- The northern end of the Kayunga–Galiraya Road is located in town.
- "Map Showing Kayunga And Galiraya With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Estimated Road Distance Between Kampala And Galilaya With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Google (1 July 2015). "Location of Galiraya At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 1 July 2015.