|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||1,070 m (3,510 ft)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kayunga is approximately 74 kilometres (46 mi) northeast of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city, on an all-weather tarmac highway. This is approximately 58 kilometres (36 mi), by road, northwest of the city of Jinja, Uganda's second industrial city, also on an all-weather tarmac highway. The coordinates of the town are 0°42'12.0"N, 32°54'13.0"E (Latitude:0.703333; Longitude:32.903611).
According to the last national population census of 2002, Kayunga town had a population of about 19,800. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 23,100. According to UBOS, the mid-year population was estimated at 23,600 in 2011. In 2014, the national population census put the population at 26,588.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are located within the town limits, or close to its edges:
- offices of Kayunga Town Council
- head office of Kayunga Journalists Association
- Kayunga Hospital, a 100-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Kayunga central market
- southern end of the Kayunga–Galiraya Road
- UBOS (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Distance from Kampala to Kayunga with Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Kayunga and Jinja with Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Google (11 July 2015). "Location of Kayunga at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- UBOS (2011). "Estimated Population of Kayunga In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 1 May 2014.